all your perfect imperfections

"I got a small coffee, skim and sugar, for...Camilla?" I announced the order but not many people were in the shop at this hour. A girl I'd seen there countless times with dark brown hair raised her eyebrow at me.

"Uh...did you mean Camila?" she asked me and I double checked the name on the cup.

"No, this definitely says Camilla. But considering you're the only one asking about it, I'm assuming it shouldn't." She rolled her eyes and I tried not to smile at how annoyed she was. After working there for so long, serving the same people, it was amusing to see how everyone reacted when one of us would make a mistake. "Hey, I didn't take the order; I just made it."

"You know, I've been coming here ever since I was a freshman and after three years you guys still hardly ever get my name right." She crossed her arms while I was still holding her drink.

"Maybe you should speak up...or annunciate." I allowed myself to smile at her finally and I could tell it got on her nerves.

"I speak just fine, thank you."

"Whatever you say, Camilla." I lifted my cap with the coffee shop's name on it, pushed my hair back, and turned it backwards.

"It's Camila."

"Not according to this cup it's not."

"Well maybe you guys should do your job correctly."

"I do my job just fine, thank you," I quipped back, smiling once again. I set the cup back down on the counter and grabbed the nearby marker. Scribbling down something quick, I avoided her irritated glare and handed her drink to her. "But I apologize on behalf of our barista's mishap. Dinah's kind of an idiot. But she's no better at making the drinks so technically you lucked out." Her eyes softened a bit but she still looked annoyed with me.

"Well thank you."

"No problem, Camz."

"My name is Camila."

"My name is Lauren."

"I didn't ask."

"Are you always this uptight or is it because you haven't had your coffee yet?" I asked even though I knew she was always like that when I would see her in the shop. She scoffed at my question and placed a hand on her hip.

"Excuse me? I am not uptight."

"If you say so."

"I'm not." I raised my hands in defense.

"Hey it's not a big deal though. Enjoy your coffee and the rest of your day," I offered and she pressed her tongue against her cheek.

"Thank you." She turned around and I smirked as she walked away.

"No problem. And good luck with Normani," I added and she stopped in her tracks to face me again.

"What are you talking about?" I grabbed the cloth from my back pocket and wiped the counter down.

"The girl you're always staring at in here."

"I don't stare at her."

"She's pretty though, so A+ for your taste in women. But I don't think you're her type."

"Oh you don't?" I shook my head and she raised her eyebrow at me again. "And why is that? Because I forgot you know me, right?"

"I know you well enough."

"This is the longest conversation we've ever had though. You didn't even know what my name was."

"Like that means anything. And the fact that you're so uptight about your name says a lot about you anyway."