Chapter 9: He Left Me

Carol whispered, "Eva Bowmen, I would like to introduce you to The Lunch Room," She said the last part like some commercial person advertising.

I just nodded my head keeping my emotions under control. I was really, how can I put it nervous? I hadn't been near this many wolves for three years then all of a sudden the feeling in my gut increased my 10 because I was near at the most 200 wolves.

My eyes scanned the lunch room while Carol did the same I guess looking for her friends. I crossed my arms narrowing my eyes a bit.

I wanted to burst out laughing because the moment we had opened the lunch room door the whole area was silent.

Carol seemed a bit tense too but as soon as she saw her friends her tenseness flew away.

"Oh! I see my friends!" Carol whispered to me all excited. "Let's get lunch first then we'll sit."

She grabbed my forearm and began dragging me to the rows of lunch food. I could feel the heated glares of many of the students but didn't pay attention.

"You know everyone is looking at us?" Carol whispered really lowly handing me a black plastic tray.

I didn't bother looking at them, "And they deserve my attention why?"

I had made sure I said that loud enough that those idiot starers would look away.

I heard a group start talking loudly. Funny how I seemed to know that high pitched voice everywhere. Many other groups started chatting in low tones that they thought I wouldn't hear. I did but I chose to ignore them and move on.

"Common, let's get our lunch," I said casually bumping Carol lightly with my shoulder. The tension left her body as she nodded smiling her bright smile. It even made me smile.

We got in line to the self serve lunch rows. I set my tray down and began looking at the types of food there were today ,but suddenly I felt that familiar tingle?

I spun around instantly and my eyes connected with the framiliar blue ones. My wolf practically bubbled in joy at the sight of him.

A huge smiled spread on my lips before I took off full speed and jumped right into his arms hugging him tightly to my body never wanting to let go.

I heard a nervous chuckle and when I felt his body tense I looked up at him in confusion. His blond hair was a bit messed up and his scent was weird.

My wolf alerted me that the lunch room was once more quiet.

I frowned confused and hurt and I didn't hide it. He set me down on my feet genitally smiling a tight tiny smile.

"Hey Eva?" He said but more like asked.

"Ethan," I said cautiously, "you okay?"

Ethan nodded slowly and said, "Yeah," but it sounded as if someone had made him say that.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the lunch rows and grabbed him a tray setting it down to mine. I pulled him right next to me to have privacy so the others couldn't see or hear us since our back was to them.

I started putting random things on my plate and Ethan actually looked like he was interested in the food. He looked nervous.

"Good," I whispered to low for the others to hear, "We can get out of here now, but lets talk about this later."

He looked like he was going to say something but shut his mouth. He just nodded and smiled at me.

Did I mention how my brain works many ways? Well, I could be doing something and concentrating on that thing only and I could still come up with a plan to get out of here.