Chapter 7

Landon's POV

Never in a million years would I have imagined I would have had a mate that was a beautiful as Lily

Never did imagined that I would feel this deeply for one person.

Never would I have thought that my mate would have been abused.

Never did it cross my mind that I would have to protect her from so many things that were out of my control.

The rogue got to my mate before I could.

I will do anything to keep her heart beating, and if that means that my heart stops in the process, then so be it.

I grabbed Lily's hand as we reach my office and give it two squeezes before opening the door and walking in.

James and his mate were here, and so was EJ. I sat behind my desk and sat Lily in my lap.

"Alright what do you have to tell us, James?" I asked.

He took a deep breath before he started to talk, "I know the name of the rogue that kidnapped Lily."

Lily whimpered, and I would of shifted into my wolf but her gentle touch was so very calming.

"He's name is Justin Hasburg. I tried to look him up, but all that came up was a birth certificate. I'm trying to get his location, but I can't without Lily."

"Me? What do you want me to do?" Lily asked sitting up in my lap.

"I need to know what happened while you were with him. I know you were in there for eight years, so I need to know how he thinks; I need to know everything." James said and Lily's whole body went stiff.

"No, that is out if the question. She's not ready and I will not-" I was cut off by Lily.

"No Landon I can do this. I need to do this." she said.

"Are you sure?"

"I can do it. I want to help" she said to more herself than to me.

"Okay well, I was about to turn ten when it happened. I was in the park with my friend and we were playing hind and seek with a girl a couple years older than me. It was my friends turn to be it, and the girl and I ran off. She started to talk about going to this special place to hide and I went along with. We started walking back to the street when a car pulled up and the back door opened. I was shoved in and all I remember w-were hands-s going around my mouth and I black o-out." She was crying by now and I hid her in my chest. Again the only thing keeping me clam was the fact that I need to be here for Lily.

"Okay, I think that's enough." I said to James who was taking notes.

"No it okay, just give me a moment." Lily said. She took a couple of minutes to calm down, but no one said anything.

"Okay, I think I'm good." Lily said pulling away from my chest and wiping her eyes.

"Alright, so you don't know where c you lived before?" James asked

"I remember my mom and dad. They did something to my memory but over the years I've slowly gotten it back. I remember my first shift at age eight." She told him

"So young," James muttered.

"Well, I am a healer."

"Okay you can keep going." James told her.

"I spent eight years of my life in the basement watching girl, after girl come and go. When I got into my teens I learned that I could back talk. I-It didn't go over well for me. There was t-this closet that he would take me to when I did something bad. Sometimes I was in there for d-days, with no food, no water, and no light. T-that was only half of the punishment. When Justin felt like I had learned my lesson h-he would beat me." she stopped and stood up and walked a little taking deep breaths.