Chapter 25

He brushed and sprawled my hair freely on the bed. He smiled nervously.

"I was visiting you at school since France offered to watch our son. Mr. Patrick assisted me but Miss Victoria came and offered to help me instead. She kept on talking and laughing to me but I didn't listen and I don't care what she was saying."

His sincere tone melted me slowly. I knew David. I knew all his expressions.

"My mind was filled with ideas on where to take you out. I did returned a gesture as a respect. I'm sorry, baby. I was insensitive. I should had known it was hurting you already. It was never my intention to hurt you, baby."

I just stared at him, unable to utter any response.

"Even if you would ask Mr. Patrick, I went there and was looking only for you."

I nodded and gave him a tiny beam. He cupped my face closer to his and we were only centimeters away from each other.

"When I say I am going to get you back, I swear in all my life and forever that I will never stop  until my last breath."

My breathing slowed.

"How could you say that after all you've done to me? You were the one who pushed me away, remember?"

Disappointed and crashed, he looked down.

"I received a mail in my office before I got home that night. There were pictures of you and different men on the bed. I tried processing it in my mind. I was convincing myself that my wife couldn't do that. But.."

"But you didn't try harder." I interrupted. "Instead, you listen to the pictures who can't even talk. You didn't listen to your wife who has a mouth to speak."

"I know I was fooled and I was stupid."

"You're not stupid. You were...not a man enough to your wife." I was almost choked by my tears.

"We were both aware that our marriage was an agreement. But David, I am and have been always true to my vows." My tears couldn't stop. I tried moving away but David enclosed and clasped my hands together with his hands.

He was still silent and he kept his head bowed down. 

"What made you believe that I was involved with other men? You insisted I should not get a job and just stayed home, I obliged. You hired a platoon to guard the house, I didn't complain. You always called me on the phone every chances you get, I always answered. I didn't know you have doubts. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry I was not good enough...I'm sorry I was not the wife you needed. I'm sorry I didn't meet and achieve your expectations. I'm sorry I didn't satisfy you like the women you had before. I'm sorry I was a virgin and inexperienced."

I was sobbing hard. This is too much. Why does this have to be so painful?

"No, baby. Don't say that. There is nothing you need to be sorry for. You are everything I want and I need. You are everything I prayed for." He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead.

"You're not that woman. I know you wouldn't do it to us."

"Have you already confirmed that that was not me?"

"I had it investigated. It was all photoshopped."

"So when you found out that it was all photoshopped, that guaranteed you that I was innocent?"

I waited for the exact words but he was just silent. I wanted to hear from him that he trusted me more than anything in this world; that he believed I was guiltless because he trusted me more.

"Who sent you the photos?"

"It had no name on it. Miranda also examined the pictures, and..."

"Oh! Miranda, your ex-girlfriend! I'm not surprised." I was laughing like crazy.  "Now, I can say you're really stupid."

Miranda was his ex-girlfriend for 3 years but the woman cheated on him all along with an older billionaire. David was still on the peak of his career and was building his image, but Miranda wanted a well-established rich man not a striving model.

"So, you trusted her more." I said faintly. All my energies were drained from crying.

"Why don't you go back to London and marry her instead?"

His face was blank.

"You said you believe me, but you don't trust me David."

He was still silent.

I wiped my tears and got off from the bed. Before I could reach the door, I stopped and turned back.

"David?" He gazed at me promptly. I sighed nervously.

"Did you ever love me?"

Because I still do. 💍