Chapter 6

It all happened in a blink of an eye. Here I was sitting in the canteen with the boys and next second Carley Harris is spilling her bowl of soup over me along with her slurpie. Why you ask, apparently her and Caleb, yes that guy from the lake, are somewhat an item. I didn't know!!
"You bitch" I screamed pushing me seat back showing her.
"No your the bitch, you little whore" she spat, just making me growl.
"Maybe if you didn't get a different boyfriend every week it wouldn't be so hard to keep up" I could see Jace moving in his seat slightly.
"Silver-fall has lost a legend and gained a slut. Cam would be so proud" and with that I swung my hand back punching her directly in the face, watching her fall back screaming was quite satisfying. Liam and Jace pulled me back and the canteen fell silent, I wiggled my way out of their grips staring at everyone. Might as well finish the show with a bang.

Grabbing the bottom of my thirst I ripped it off leaving me in a bra, I threw the shirt at Carley who was sitting on the ground crying with her minion. I watched as Liam and Jace's eyes went wide "Christ" I heard Jace mutter before both boys grabbed me pulling me from the canteen into the hall, Jace shoving me his sweater which I grumpily put on.
"Katie" Liam whispered in a hushed tone. I didn't break contact from the floor though until Jace lifted my chin with his fingers, I didn't want to but I let a tear slid down my cheek.
"Did you hear what she said? She had no right. I'm not a slut, am I?" Both boys frowned
"Well you did just rip your shirt off" Liam mumbled and as soon and the words left his mouth Jace hit him on the head "I'm joking, jeez" Jace must've gave him a look telling him to piss off because I've never seen him scatter so quickly.

"Come 'ere" I walked into Jace's open arms immediately relaxing. I've missed his hugs "Katie your one of the best people I know, you may be a little more open to guys now, but it's your way of dealing with everything and that's not wrong. Cameron will be proud of you no matter what you do Kate" I sniffed smiling at him. We may always be arguing lately but he can make me feel a lot better.

"Katie Summers, my office now" I shrunk behind Jace looking at a fuming Principle Higgs.

**
"SUSPENDED" Mum banged her hand on the table.
"Only for the rest of the week" I reasoned but the look on her face was honestly terrifying "she told me Cameron would be disappointed in"
"Why would she say that"
"It doesn't matter mum"
"Yes it does"
"No it really doesn't. Don't worry"
"Give me your phone"
"NO!"
"NOW" she matched my tone.
"AHH" I screamed slamming my phone on the table storming to my room with my hot behind me, I tried to slam the door in her face but she stopped it "go away"
"What is wrong with you Katie. Why are you always so moody, I've noticed it and so have the boys"
"Why are you all watching me?"
"Because we care" she sighed.
"Jesus it's like you and the boys plan your responses to me"
"What? Oh never mind. Look, Cameron passing has been hard for all of us but Katie you really have to open your eyes and realise how lucky you are, and certainly have to start pulling your weight again. I start work full time again next week"
"So I'll hardly see you again?" I spoke harshly.
"Stop that will you and grow up"
"Go away mum" I sighed sick of this talk. It's like all everyone does these days is watch my every bloody mood. It's like they think I'm messed up or something, but I'm fine. I'm fine. Mum gave me a kiss on the head leaving the room. I closed my door. At least I get the rest of the week off.

****

It was actually really peaceful being alone, I got up at 10, made pancakes, got to relax, but turns out all this relaxing lead to thinking, remembering, and all I keep seeing is the car lights and hearing Cameron's scream. That's all, but it is sure as hell enough to slightly break me some more. So here I am, sitting in the shower, yes sitting, with the water pouring over me, masking my tears. Call me a sook, cry baby, but I can't help it, no one can forget the sound of their, brother, let alone twin scream in pain. I had gone to call Jace a few times but didn't have my phone. I carried myself and my tears to the bathroom to where I am now in the shower, all good fun.