Chapter 4: Losing the Plot

"Oh for goodness sake, Simo, my name is Aqueela!" I yell out, truly exasperated with this ongoing battle between us.

He drains me of my energy. I don't know how he holds down a job. If I were the manager, I'd fire him in a single heartbeat.

"Sprinkle!" he calls back, seemingly amused by my reactions.

I frown. "You good for nothing-"

"I love it when you talk dirty to me," a voice cuts me off from finishing my sentence.

I spin around to see who it is, only to find that no one is behind me. It's only when I cast my eyes downward that a chubby life form comes into view. Unfortunately, I recognize the kid.

"Pork Chop?" I question aloud, using my own creative nickname that I made up for him -- I don't know his real name.

"'Sup, babe," he gives a little nod like they do in the movies, "and the name's Blubber...Blubber Bond."

He didn't even do it right.

I groan. "Oh for-"

"Now now, no bad words in front of the children," Bell intervenes from beside me.

I sigh internally knowing that she'd eventually find me. It just has to be here of all places. Now she's going to want to talk it out and all that sappy stuff. 

The fact of the matter is that I hate her boyfriend. She just has to deal with it because nothing on this planet will make me get along with him. He's awful.

"I told you that if I ever saw this..." I trail off to point at the form of other life, "again, then I'd murder him. He wouldn't give me his bubblegum ice cream. The little..." I falter off whilst muttering obscenities words under my breath, aggravated at Mason, Bells, Simo, and this random kid. "How'd you find me in any case?" I settle on asking her instead.

Bell raises her eyebrows, angling her head to the side in disbelief that I'd even have to ask. She twirls her finger around, motioning to the store that we're currently standing in. "It was kind of a given, don't you think?"

I nod, having now thought about it.

"Give me some credit, I know you better than you think," she tells me. "When you're upset, you either disappear and takes photos or stuff your face with bubblegum ice cream. I realized that you'd be done with the former, hence the latter," she explains. "Besides, we need to talk about what happened earlier on. Mason and I got into an argument after you left."

I sigh aloud in guilt. "I'm sorry, Bells. I never meant to let it slip that you were uncertain of where you stood with him in the beginning. I was just so angry and my mouth took over and spoke out of turn for me. It was on impulse," I apologize, regretful.

Bells waves off the matter with the use of her left hand, her gold charm bracelet catching my eye. It matches my own. It's our best friend bracelets, a reminder of how far we've come.

"No worries," she assures me, "that's already in the past. I was actually meaning you, as in talk about you and not Mase. I'm concerned," she admits, revealing her perspective. "I've never seen you get so mad before. Well, I have, but not in a long time."

"Mason's rude," I exclaim, hoping to get it through to her. She needs to understand where I'm coming from.

Bells nods. "I know. I'm sorry."

I shrug carelessly and ask, "So we're good then? 'Cause I could care less if Mason hates my guts, but I can't bear the thought of us not being on the best of terms with each other."