Inevitable?

A/N: So a lot of people supported this and encouraged me to do this, and so, here it is! The previous chapter 'Inevitable' in Damon's POV. Enjoy.......

SLAM!

The door shut with a loud bang as she left and I ran a hand through my hair, for once messing it up, too frustrated to care as I poured myself a bourbon. 

Honestly this girl...........

Mystic Falls is not a place to  live in carelessly and she knows that. She might be innocent but she is in no way naive. She knows just how dangerous things have been, specially now that that Kai drama has just ended. 

And yes, there are million reasons justifying her storming out of here, I'm not even going to deny it. I know I don't own her, despite her being mine, and I know she deserved much, much, much more than me, and I know that the day she comes to her senses and realizes that, she'll get up and leave, but for the moment, she chose to be with me, she chose me and and as long as she does, I'm going to make sure she stays safe and she stays happy.

Oh and I know how annoying it is for her when I don't allow her to go or do certain things, and I know how controlling and possessive I come off as, and frankly, I don't care. I, Damon Salvatore am a selfish person, and I'm not gonna change as long as it keeps her heart beating.

Slumping down on the couch, I rest my feet up, throwing my head back and letting out a groan. I sighed as I closed my eyes. I was never like this. It's not like this is the first time I've been in love. I was in love with Katherine Pierce but I still wasn't like this. With Katherine, it was like I was in this kind of daze, a blissful ignorance on my part, blinded by Katherine's seeming perfection. Katherine was flawless in my eyes, and she invaded my thoughts with her perfectly done hair and her captivating eyes and thousands of secrets. 

My time was spent trying to make her stay with me forever. Katherine Pierce ruined me yet, she taught me how to love. And that's one and the only thing I thank her for.

(Y/N) is nothing like Katherine. She's not perfect, and she's not poised and confident in every thing she does. No, my (Y/N) is flawed and clumsy and reckless, and I'm in awe of her. Every little thing she does makes her her, makes her mine. No she's definitely not perfect. She's so much better. She's better than perfect.

And at first I resented her, resented this connection we have. Who was this little human girl to come dancing into my life and kick down my iron walls in a second? Who was she to make me want to devour her, consume her, just take her so no else can? My intentions were anything but right when I first met her, her neck was like this tantalizing piece of ambrosia, just waiting for someone to snatch it up. Once, I even cornered her, my humanity off, my fangs bared, prepared to sink into her soft neck and end this turmoil once and for all, but then I made the mistake of looking into her eyes. They were wide, she was scared like every other girl I had killed before her, but there was this acceptance in them that stumped me. She was terrified, but she accepted the fact that I, a monster, was going to end her life. I remember that day like a movie burned into my head. I remember my fangs retracting back into my mouth. I remember my breathing, which was racing a second ago, my blood pumping in my veins at the thought of finally, finally finishing off this twisting torture that she put me through everyday, slowing down. I remember letting out a pitiful groan before my head, which was just inches from her neck fell onto her shoulder. I remember my hands, which were previously holding her in place, come around her to hold her to me instead. But most of all, I remember her, as she put her own arms around me and sighed softly beside me ear.

From that day on, she became mine. I didn't hunt her now, no, I protected her. The thought of anyone hurting even a hair on her head, broke me, because I knew. I knew from my own experience juts how sick and twisted a vampire can get when around someone like her. Cause I was one of them. I'm not proud of it but that's there.