One: Boy

Hey guys, hope you enjoy this chapter!
WARNING: this chapter is not edited. Beware of possible bad gramma and spelling mistakes.

***

smile; [verb] form one's features into a pleased, kind, or amused expression.

***

Everyday she'll come in, take out her laptop and begin to work. The only time she looks up is when a waiter comes to ask for her order. She always orders the same. Black coffee and a waffle.

I've never had the guts to go over myself and ask for her order, she just looks so depressed. And it brings me down. I'm a happy person and I absolutely hate it when someone around me isn't, well, happy. It doesn't annoy me, just makes me upset that another person is silently suffering.

Today is the last day I'll watch her from a distance, I think to myself, getting a notepad and pen, getting ready to take the girls order.

I let out a deep breath and start walking over to her, but stop half way. I groan inwardly. I'm being too bold.

I feel like Romeo in the balcony scene in Shakespeare's famous novel. Eventhough I've been creepily watching this girl from a far, it still feels like a huge leap to go over to her and actually talk. Just like how Romeo felt. Except from he'd kissed her and not creepily watched her from a corner.

In the end I don't take her order. I let Jane, a small brown haired girl go over. As Jane walks off with the girls order in her hand, I sigh dreamily as I prop my elbow on the counter and put my head in my hand. The girl was just so beautiful. Today she had her strawberry blonde hair in a messy bun. She often wore it up but I liked it better down. From what I could tell, she never wore makeup, and she definitely didn't need it. Her skin was pale and her green eyes bright but dark. It was as if you was looking into a forest on a sunny day. Freckles dotted the tip of her nose and her slightly flushed cheeks.

Her petite frame was covered in a beige sweater and light blue jeans with brown ankle boots. Jane was about to walk past me again to take the girl her coffee and waffle but I put my arm out to stop her. She looked at me with confusion. I clear my throat, suddenly not knowing what to say to my colleague. "Erm, do you mind if I take it?"

Jane looks at me, then at the tray she was carrying, then at the girl. "Oh! You mean you want to take this to the girl you've been looking at all googly eyes for a month?" Jane exclaims with fake realisation. "I mean, that is what you was asking, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just give me the damn tray." I grumble a blush appearing on my face as I take the tray of Jane.

Jane walks away smirking. Once I'm sure she's out of eye range, I get my notepad and pen out of my apron pocket and write something on the pad before strapping the piece of paper out and putting it on the tray.

I walk to her table slowly, taking my time to admire her beauty. When I arrive, she doesn't see me straight away and I don't want to interrupt her so wait patiently. Still admiring her, may I add. When she finally notices me she looks up and her already pink sheets turn red. "Sorry, I was so preoccupied I didn't see you there."

I nearly gasp at how soft and quiet her voice was. "It's fine, really." I smile awkwardly at her and she does just the same back. What's your name? I want to ask her, but the words never roll of my tongue, but instead, gets stuck in my throat. I take a deep breath, ready to give it another try, but realise it's useless and walk away giving a slight nod.

Next time, I tell myself confidently. As much as I wanted to believe that I'd say more than five words to her, I knew it was very unlikely. I'd never felt so nervous about something, let alone about someone.

I shake my head internally. I had to stop thinking about her. She was making me loose my mind. I distract myself by thinking about my major. I was studying business. My dreams for the future was to own my own cafe to share with a family I could call my own.

I had grew up in different foster homes but despite my up-bringing, I was always happy and energetic. Secondary  school was hard. The other kids made fun of me just because I was always smiling.

Like, seriously?

I ignored them and made it through school alive and went to university and never looked back. As long as I could remember, I never dwelled on the past and always knew what I wanted the future to hold.

Despite being at the age of twenty, I had never had my first kiss or anything like that. As cheesy as it sounds, I wanted my first everything to be with the right person. The person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I look back at the girl to see her pick up the note I left. I hated to be sad and hated it even more when other people were sad. So I left her an inspirational message.

She probably thought I was some sort of weirdo or something, but I didn't care as long as she smiled at me. Although I had never seen her smile, I could just imagine how sweet it would be, and how my heart would melt when I saw it. I know, I'm cheesy.

I'm the cheesiest of cheesy puffs.

I internally laugh, imagining myself looking like a giant cheesy puff. I shake my head softly and pay all my attention bake at that own girl, praying that she's smile.

That she's just smile.

No matter how small or big, even if it was just a slight lip twitch I'd be content.

As long as it was at me, I mean.
___________

First chapter. Hope you liked it.
- thatstelenalife