36. californication and letters home

CALIFORNIA

It's hot here.
It's sunny here.
This isn't New Jersey.

We've been here for three months and we've moved into an apartment that's a little bit bigger than our house back at home. I've written two letters to Axel but I haven't heard anything back from him.

I don't even have a job here yet and It's hard to make friends since I'm out of school. Devian won't talk to me and Aspen is still quietly crammed in books, even though I ask her to come explore the beach with me.

My parents are looking for jobs although my father is still hopelessly scratching off lottery tickets.

The only thing I want to do is go back home, but I write a letter to Axel anyway.

September 5th, 2015
Dear Axel (and home),
I miss you terribly.
I hate being stuck here with my family. I know I told you in the other letters that it's really hard to find friends because i'm out of high school now and it's a totally new place. I really just want to hear your voice or see your handwriting or something to let me know that you're okay. I told you already but I'm going to save up for a laptop and we can skype because I need to see your face. I feel like I'm losing touch of reality out here and It's not in the good way. Okay, well, please just send something back.

Orion

--
Okay, so the next chapters are just going to be letters. I hope you guys don't mind but I feel like this is an important aspect that needs to replace actual fully written chapters.