Chapter 19: Octavius

It's been two days since Lily called for the release of the child. Two days with him staying with us. She has been spending half her time with him and I didn't like it. When we discussed him staying I at first dis agreed but she wouldn't stop until I let him stay. Not to mention when she mentioned our pack being my pack we discussed that to. So I came to compromise. The child could stay if we introduced her to the pack. Which she reluctantly agreed. Yes it was wrong to do that but I was to introduce her sooner than later.

I followed the laughter into the living room where Jack and Lily sat across from each other as they done something.

''Hey, want to color?'' Lily asked with a smile and a yellow crayon in one hand. I shook my head and sat on the couch as they colored something that looked to be a bear. A yellow bear.

''Little Jack here thought it would be best if we colored the bear yellow and green he wanted it to be different'' Lily spoke as she sat beside me and watched the child color.

'' Look I know you're not happy with him being here nor do you trust him but I do he's seven what damage can he do. He was mistreated like me. younger than when I started... he had it rough and I don't want him to worry anymore and be scared of everyone'' I didn't know if she was talking about the child or herself but the determination in her eyes and the sadness made me think it was both. She looked at me then.

''I want to protect him, and make sure he's safe since no one was there for me'' she was on the verge of tears. Before I could even stop myself I had my lips on hers. They were soft and smooth. She hesitated at first but kissed me back non the less. This was a start.

'' Ew'' she was the first one to pull away he cheeks a rose red. The child had his eyes covered which I couldn't help but laugh at.

''How about some hot chocolate?'' She suggested which took the child's attention away from us. When she walked away I was already wanting to kiss those lips again. But that didn't stop me from watching her leave.

I came into the kitchen just in time just as they began to pour their cups '' You guys are Mates right?'' the little boy asked just as I came and placed my hands on Lily's shoulders behind her. She looked up at me with something in her eyes and emotion I couldn't quite tell.

''Yes''

That one word make my heart skip a beat. She was agreeing to be my Mate. Agreeing to be Luna someone the whole pack needs. I just hope she was ready to take that step.