Chapter 37

Jules woke up the next morning to the sound of chirping birds and the sunrays through the window. She smiled and gave a satisfying sigh as she stretched in her bed. Her smile grew when she saw a sleeping Ivy beside her, her mouth in a heart-shaped pout as she slept.

Her Angel.

Jules stepped out of bed and slipped into her footwear. She went straight to the bathroom and did her morning ritual, combing and putting her hair in a bun, not caring what kind it was just as long as it stayed away from her face and neck. When she was done, she walked back into the room and pushed the doors to the porch open and a slight breeze blew in, mixed with the humidity, she welcomed it. She stepped out of the room and under the shade in front of her room. She couldn't get enough of the Villa and the view and it looked so beautiful in the morning but Belen had been right, at night, with the lights on, it was breathtaking.

Last night after Ceaser had left her room, she had called Andy and Sofi and they were as excited as she thought they'd be and had asked her to switch her phone off.

Jules smiled remembering them scolding her as she stepped out of the shade and into the sunny portion of the porch, her hands folded in front of her, she lifted her face heavenward and closed her eyes at the direct sunlight in her face.

"Beautiful view." Jules snapped her gaze to the right and found Ceaser leaning against his doorpost looking at her. She smiled at him.

"It is." She said and looked back at the view of the rest of Sarlata.

Ceaser wasn't talking about the view in front of them. He was referring to the one in front of him at that moment. He had watched her the moment she stepped out of her room and she had unintentionally shifted his gaze from the view in front of them to her because she seemed to be the most beautiful to him, no view or painting could beat that. The beauty inside her radiated all over her making it hard to ignore.

Ceaser walked up to her and stood behind her. He seemed to love doing that, he realized.
"Morning." He whispered in her ear.

Jules turned her head to her side and looked up at him with a smile that made him slightly unbalanced.
"Morning."

"Sleep well?"

"I hate to say it but that's probably the best sleep I've had since forever."

"Good." He kissed her temple as he placed his hands on her arms "What do you want to do today?"

"I don't know." Jules said, "Go around Sarlata, visit the beach."

"Let's check out the rest of Sarlata, we'll visit the beach at a later time. I'll call Belen to ask for the number to the car rental."

"Ok." Jules said and Ceaser left.

Jules thought it was time to start the day. She got Ivy's favourite cereal out and went to the kitchen. She met an elderly lady.

"Oh, hello." Jules greeted

The lady looked at her and gave her a welcoming smile
"Good morning." She greeted as she wiped her hand with a cloth "I'm the cook, Agnes."

"I'm Jules." Jules shook her hand with a smile on her face. She noticed the woman's struggle with English.

"Breakfast is ready, outside." Agnes said, "Anything you need before I leave?"

"Oh no, just need to make something for my daughter."

"Kori? Done." She said and Jules stared at her with a frown, not understanding.

"What is it?" Ceaser asked when he stepped into the kitchen.

"I don't know."

Agnes spoke to Ceaser in Greek and she listened.

"She said she already made breakfast for Ivy."

"Oh." Jules said to Ceaser and turned to Agnes with a smile "Thank you."

Agnes spoke to Ceaser for a while before she left and Jules listened in fascination at the language.

"What?" Ceaser asked when he caught a smile on her face after Agnes left.

She shook her head.
"You never cease to surprise me."

"I'll take that as a compliment." He smiled "Come, mum and dad, are outside."

Ceaser and Jules walked out of the kitchen to the dining area.

"Good morning." Jules greeted

"Good morning Jules." Eric greeted

"Have a good sleep?" Selene asked with a smile

"I did." Jules said as she took a seat that Ceaser pulled up for her "And you both?"

"Absolutely lovely." Selene answered

"Slept like a log." Eric said

Jules smiled as she got a plate and took portions of the meal before her. Pancakes, Toast, Scrambled eggs, Oatmeal and lots of fruits.

Jules was halfway through her meal when Ivy's cry rang out.

"I'll get her." Ceaser rose from his chair

"No, it's ok. I have to change her." Jules said as she pushed her chair back and sped off through the porch to her room.

Jules got Ivy ready to start the day and took her to the dining area where Ceaser reached for her.

"Dada." Ivy giggled as she got into his arms and clawed at his face.

"Someone had a good sleep," Selene said as she revealed a plate that had been covered. "Here." Selene passed the bowl of oatmeal and fixed a small plate of strawberries and a blueberry muffin. "She needs her energy for today."

Jules and Eric watched as son and mother took care of Ivy as Eric made comments that made them laugh.

Later that morning, the car came and they all went out into Sarlata. It was a quiet quarter with few mini markets here and there. The biggest they went to was Kritikos Super Market which was further than the rest. They had vegetables, fruits, wine, to list a few whereas the other markets had a selection of things.

They had their lunch at a cosy restaurant – Il Borgo – which wasn't the Thompson's usual scene but there wasn't paparazzi there to disturb their afternoon so it was a good experience for them. After their lunch, they all decided to check out the beach which was seventeen minutes away from the restaurant. Ai Helis was a private beach owned by the hotel – Ai Helis. But a few minutes of chat with the owner and they could get in. The beach was almost empty with only a few people there who probably had a room in the hotel. Jules was glad about the way it was. It had been a long while since she had been to the beach.

The last time was with her parents the month she had taken off work before their trip. She hadn't had missed the feel on the sand beneath her legs, the water at the shoreline, the sound of the wave crashing, the smell and the breeze that blew in the humid heat in the island of Kefalonia.