|Chapter 7|

*TRIGGER WARNING! If you cannot handle forceful sexual content please read until the end of the doctor and skip to the second set of ~~~~~ squiggles!*

Once I got out of the shower, I moisturized my face and applied lotion to the rest of my body before quickly slipping into my jeans and sweater that I had previously selected. I quietly peeked into my room, finding Draco asleep. I decided not to wake him, so I cast a quick round of extra protection spells and left him a note as to where I would be and how to work the phone to get ahold of me. I quickly rushed to the doctors office and made my way in, stopping to check in with the secretary before having a seat in the waiting area.

I waited for approximately ten minutes before I was called back. A nurse with a kind smile took my weight, blood pressure and temperature before showing me back to a room. She informed me that I gained five pounds since the last appointment merely two weeks ago. I find that surprising. She asked me why I came in and I explained the unexplained nausea and the lack of a period. She suggests that perhaps I should take a pregnancy test and see where that goes, which had crossed my mind briefly before I came here. She eventually finished her notes and left, leaving me alone to wait for the doctor. I was terrified of being pregnant during the remnants of the war, especially since it would be the father of my child that is targeted by nearly everyone involved.

There was a knock on the door, drawing me out of my thoughts. The door opened to reveal the doctor, who had the kit to draw blood. I knew that it was a more efficient way of testing for pregnancy but I was scared enough.

"We're going to draw some blood and fill a few of the vials, one for a pregnancy test, another two for general check ups," Dr. Hopper smiled, she was very friendly.

"Sounds wonderful," I returned her smile, putting on a brace face.

"If the pregnancy test is positive, do you have a support system? Because we can set you up with the buddy system, where two of our newfound expectant mothers support each other through this process," she seemed genuinely concerned, "How is Ronald? I would have thought he would be here?"

"The man who would be the father is at home right now. Ronald and I have had a falling out and are no longer together. I do have plenty of support once I tell them. I just need to know." I held out my arm to her. She drew the blood and sent it out with a nurse before having me sit back for a pelvic exam. We were going to wait until the nurse came back with results. My phone started to ring out of no where, so I checked and saw it was my home number.

"May I answer this?" I requested, she nodded and I quickly answered.

"Hermione? Where are you?" I heard Draco panicking.

"I'm just at the doctor's, love. Are you alright?"

"No, I had this odd dream that you and I are going to have a baby. I need you to come home." He said, I was disappointed, I should have known he didn't want a child.

"Oh, let me finish my appointment and I'll be there."

"Good, because we need to get to it, the child was the most perfect thing I had ever seen. It opened my eyes to a lot of things," His voice was full of awe.

"I will be home as soon as possible," I was grinning from ear to ear as I hung up.

"I take it he wants the baby?" Dr. Hopper winked at me, I just nodded as she completed the pelvic exam. The nurse re entered with a small white envelope.

"Let's see," the doctor opened it, looking excited, "CONGRATULATIONS! You are expecting!" She was smiling wider than I was, probably because I had been her patient for quite some time.