Chapter 26

We finally returned back home after a week of staying at France's.

I was arranging our clothes back to the shelves while my baby was happily playing on the crib in front of the television. I kept the door open so I could watch him from the bedroom.

He was so adorable to watch especially when he moved and danced along with the colorful cartoons on the screen.

My baby was very eager to learn how to walk. During the weekend, I took him to the park and we practiced walking on the grass.

He was enjoying the nature and watching the others kids playing around. He didn't want to leave and he even had tears in his eyes when we walked away from the playground.

David was with us all along. He was very attentive. He was cautiously following our son wherever his little feet wished to stroll. Whenever our baby stumbled to the ground, his father was always quick in picking him up.

Honestly, I was still confused and undecided of accepting him back to my life. Our tears and battles made me more perplexed and enraptured.

Did you ever love me?  I was still overwhelmed by the tingling sensations he gave me last time.

He swiped me off my feet by his deep, passionate, and everlasting kiss. Then he gently uttered the three words between his kisses. It flattered me to know that he felt the same way all along.

He had become a domestic husband. He cooked, vacuumed, did the laundry, disposed the garbage, purchased the groceries, took over diaper duties, made baby formulas, made coffee for me every morning, and even scrubbed the bathroom floor.

He was very determined. He never complained or protested when doing the chores. I was just observing him from the corner of my eyes. He looked so weary but he never failed to give me his cute loving smile.

He had helpers to do the chores in his house and he was not used to scrubbing or vacuuming the floors, so he must be worn out already from all the tasks I gave him.

Who would have thought that this billionaire was cleaning the toilet?

In the middle of the night when my baby cried, he always woke up first and made milk bottles and changed his diapers.

I let him sleep inside our room. He had a makeshift matress beside the bed. The bedroom was five times smaller than his own bedroom but he never complained.

My neighbours were like bees swarming to him whenever he went out to throw the garbage or watered the plants.  They would go out and greet or chat with him. They seemed mesmerized of his charisma.

"Are you also mesmerized by me?" He once asked me with pouty lips.

I usually just rolled my eyes and smile when he was not watching.

There was one Saturday when I woke up late, I found my baby nowhere in sight. I jumped out of the bed and found David holding and animatedly chatting with our baby while cooking in the kitchen. They were so adorable to watch. 

I didn't interrupt them. I was just standing from the distance observing them.

David was teaching him how to cook and what he was cooking. My baby seemed interested as he friskily grabbed the utensils and the ingredients within his reach.

"Baby?"

I heard my name being called from behind. I turned to face David and he was only wearing his sweatpants and a V-neck white t-shirt. I was sitting in the balcony sipping my coffee while watching the stars.

He took a chair and sat beside me. He enveloped me with his big arms and I leaned my head to his shoulders while he kissed my temple.

"I will be going back to London..."

I instantly straightened up to face him. What?

"No. It's not what you think it is, baby." He added.

"I want you both to come with me."

I couldn't utter any words. David touched my face and kissed my nose.

"David..."

"I know it's too soon. I am not imposing something or forcing you to do it. But I don't want to let you out of my sight again. Never again." I could sense his nervousness. He must be afraid that I would burst out.

"Next week is my parent's anniversary. They are inviting us. And...they also want to meet their grandson. They miss you."

"I...I don't know what to say." I wanted to cry. I missed them so much.

Sandra and James, David's parents, were the most genuine people I had ever met in my life. They never failed to show me how much they loved me.

It had been a very long time since I last saw them. I had never seen them again after I signed the papers and was thrown out.

"David..."

"It's okay, baby. It's alright if you don't want to come." He looked so nervous but he still smiled at me.

"I want to."

"What?" His eyes widen in surprise.

"I want to come."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I said shyly.

"Like seriously?"

I grunted and glared at him. "Did you changed your mind?"

"No! I mean, I thought you would refuse. But it's no problem to me whatever your decision is."

I smiled at him. He looked like a very excited kid going to the ocean park. He instantly hugged me very tight and pulled me to sit on his lap.

"Thank you, baby." He said while kissing my face and squeezing me cheerfully.

My breasts were pressing so hard on his chest. I was only wearing my red plunging nightie inside my robe.

"I...can't...breath."

"I'm so sorry baby. I got so excited." He released me from his strong hold and I laughed at him when I saw his blushing face.

"You're blushing!" I teased him while still sitting on his lap.

"I'm a man. I don't blush." He retorted.

"Your cheeks are pink!" I chuckled.

"No, they're not!" He pouted.

"Blushing doesn't make you less of a man. Admit it!" I teased him again.

"No..." He sang his answer.

"Fine." I got off from his lap and irritably stomped off my feet while walking away.

"Hey!" He called me.

"Baby! I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms to me from behind and I squirmed.

"Fine. I was blushing." He admitted it finally.

I turned around and saw his pink shy cheeks. I kissed both his cheeks that made him smile up to his ears.

He instantly picked me up in a bridal style and carried me inside the bedroom. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'm hungry!" He kissed my neck.

"So?" I replied innocently.

"You have to feed me."

"You're a big man. You sure know how to cook for yourself."

He gazed at me with his lustful eyes. He licked his lower lip.

"I'll show you how big I am."

He tossed me to the bed then we locked ourselves to one another.☕