twenty-two

"Whatever I do, I can't help it
It's definitely my heart, my feelings
But why don't they listen to me?"

————————

I couldn't resist not missing Taehyung. I already called Taehyung, but he didn't answer my calls. I visited him in his condo unit too, but he wasn't there. I was worried sick about him. I haven't heard anything since Monday this week. Days have passed and today was Friday.

As soon as school ended, I went out of the building to meet my friends. They were already waiting for me there with their hands on their pockets, keeping it warm. I put my hands on their shoulder when I reached. We talked for more or less ten minutes before we headed out of the school gates. Upon reaching the school gates, a familiar black pick-up truck parked its way in front of us, causing us to stop and stare at the vehicle. The window of the passenger's seat and the backseat slid down, revealing the persons inside. Taehyung was sitting on the passenger's seat while Namjoon on the backseat.

"What's up, ladies?" Namjoon greeted, poking his head out of the window then shot each of us a cringey-slash-cute wink.

"Hi!" Yeri greeted loudly, extending her hand to the boy and the latter politely shook it. "I'm Yeri." She added, curving a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm Namjoon." He smiled. I tried not to look at Taehyung, knowing he was already staring at me. I wanted to stay mad at him. He can't just suddenly vanish then pop up again the next minute. That's just cruel. "So, you ladies, wanna come with us?"

"Of cour—" Yeri pressed her lips and looked away after she saw Sooyoung gave her an oh-no-you're-not glare.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon. Namjoon, right?" He nodded his head, answering Sooyoung's question. "But we already have plans." She paused, "Sooyoung, by the way."

"I ain't asking for your name, pumpkin." He said cheekily, and Sooyoung just rolled her eyes at him. "Though, I believe Areum's Fridays belong to us already. Right, Taehyung?" He added, patting the back of the passenger's seat.

"Yeah, you're coming with us." Taehyung said firmly which made my gaze locked on him when he has been staring at me since they arrived. His voice sounded mad. Even he looked too serious. Is he really getting mad at me right now? Shouldn't it be me that was getting mad at him for ignoring my calls and messages? God, I can't believe him!

"I'm having a sleepover at Yeri's place tonight. Maybe next time, Taehyung." I said, "It's just one Friday."

"No. You're coming with us."

Sooyoung, whose hand was still linked to mine, secretly pinched me in the upper part of my arm. I looked at her as she silently shook her head no while her eyebrows furrowed. I turned to Taehyung again, "I'm sorry. But I'm coming with them." I said as we paced away from the truck.

I heard someone opened the truck door opened and heard him slam the door behind him as he stood there and called my name which made me look at him with an annoyed expression. He jogged towards us since we weren't too far yet. Suddenly, he reached for my wrist forcefully and dragged me towards the truck. He had his grip on my wrist too tight that he was hurting me already. I tried letting go from his grip and I succeeded. I glanced down to my wrist to see it in crimson red in color as my blood rushed to that area. I narrowed my eyes at Taehyung who was staring at me with an annoyed expression in his face. "I said I'm not coming with you! Is that hard to understand?!" I shouted at him and still he looked pissed. "You couldn't just ignore me the entire week then suddenly show up right now, telling me to come with you and your friends to go in a nightclub!" I blurted out in anger. "I was worried sick about you, Taehyung and now you're getting mad at me because I couldn't come with you and your friends? Shouldn't I be the one getting mad? 'Cause honestly, Taehyung, you're acting like an asshole." I paused, catching my breath as I tried to be calm. "If you're going to continue acting like this. . . maybe we won't work out together. . . maybe—"