Chapter 13: Cleaning up before leaving

Sona stared at the paper in her hands.

It's just reading it, right? That Young Noble couldn't have possibly given me some kind of dangerous talisman. I'm not worth such talismans.

Talismans could be used by anyone who could cultivate Qi, they could also create talismans corresponding their ranks. But there are only a handful of people who actually create a High ranked talismans

Sona circulated her Qi around her body, creating a barrier around her. She slowly opened the paper.

*phew*

It was a normal paper, Sona then proceeded to fully spread the paper, and started to read it.

Sona's face changed from doubt, hope, and excitement...

The letter in fact only had few paragraphs.

Cheng Rui Wei is alive. My lady, considered that since you were quite loyal to her, has sent me to recruit you as her personal maid.

It's up to you whether you believe me or not.

After reading this, please burn it.

Come to the Shihu Inn, if you do believe me.

****

After leaving the Wu Residence, I casually walked down the streets. And started to track down the bastards that works under the Palace, more precisely, the king's ultimate pawns. The shadows.

The King's Shadows, they were an individual which the King trained on his early teens, they are also the reason why the current King has ascended to the throne. They were an important pawn for the King. The King's Shadows only consisted of 500 shadows which have constantly decreased due to the war, there are now approximately 300 and below.

'This lady have been in their care, so I at least have to give them a gift, before leaving right?'

While walking, I switched to my Qi vision. The streets were full of people, I scanned the figures of the people, and I soon found my targets.

My mouth curved upwards. From my calculations, they should be back from gathering information regarding Prince Flam, the current King's brother. There were signs of the Prince, rebelling against the current King. So, as the paranoid King he is, he immediately sent out people to investigate it.

And surely, if his shadows doesn't come back, or they do comebaack, but carrying a large injury... The paranoid King would immediately form a plan to take care of his brother.

Well, I'm not a person who involves innocent people, though I doubt that Prince is innocent. I have sent a warning letter to that Prince, it's up to him, whether he believes it or not. But, I did attached a certain sigil to the letter that I sent, though.

I rubbed both of my hands, as I could feel my blood boil.

Time to put my new skills on actions!

I walked towards an alley, and used an illusion skill. I have improved my Illusion skills, since it played a vital role on my plans, like impersonating a certain individual.

I gathered the Qi on the tip of my foot and jumped. I followed the King's shadows, there were four of them. A scholarly youth, a commoner, a Noble inside his carriage, and a street vendor. They all blended with their surroundings. No one would even think that a normal looking youth, commoner, vendor, and a Noble that you can't even see, would be the King's Shadow, right?

--

I walked over their side and took a glance. Normal, they looked normal in any angle. They even suppressed their Qi...