CHAPTER 38

Few days later.

I stare at the paper in my hand. The divorce paper. I am supposed to turn it in today with Zaid. I look at his signature at the bottom of the page and mine next to it.

My heart hurts knowing that in just few hours days our relationship will be over and we will go our separate ways. He will move aboard, leaving everything behind. My eyes fill up with tears as I remember his devilish smirk and those light brown eyes.

"I love you," he said to me.

"I need you"

"I want you"

I close my eyes, letting the cool summer breeze hit my face. His voice was ringing in my ear.

******************************

Few hours later, I am standing in front of the huge white building. I look around to see if Zaid is here yet. He was nowhere in sight. I don't have the courage to see him but my heart is killing to see his face once more.

I walk in, as the cold air hit me. I walk up to the front desk and the lady tells me to take a sit until my lawyer gets here and then we will head in together. I follow her direction.

"Ms.Nadia...hope you didn't have to wait long," Mr. Amber says. I stand up to greet him with a smile. "When will he be coming?" He asked. By he I think he means Zaid.

"Uh, he should be here soon," I say look at entrance. As said, Zaid does walk in at the same moment. He walks over to us and shakes hand with Mr.Amber. He then turns to look at me and I look away.

"Can you give us a moment?" He asks Mr. Amber without taking his eyes off of me. Mr. Amber nods and then walks away.

"Can we talk about this?" Zaid starts.

"We already discussed what was needed to be discussed...its time for us to go," without looking at him, I turn to go but he grabs my hand and pulls me back. Taken by surprise, i stare at him. He too, stares into my eyes.

"Please don't do this," he whispers.

"I don't want to," I let out without realizing what I said. Zaid seemed surprised to hear what I just said and so was I.

"Then don't go...stay with me...,"

"I wish i can," my inner feelings were starting to pour out. I can't bury them in any longer.

"Why? Why can't you do it?," he pauses for few seconds. "It's because of my dad isn't it?" He asks. I stay mute. He lets out a small laugh. " I should have known...come with me," before I could do anything, Zaid grabs my hand and drags me along with him out of the building. He lead me to his car and makes me sit get inside and then without a word he starts driving.

***************

"Your doing all this arnt you?!" Zaid says out loud as be bursts through the door to his dad's cabin. His hand was still gripping mine. The whole time I just watched as he dragged me all the way here. I was tired. Tired of running away from him. Tired of arguing. I felt like breaking down.

His dad looks up from the paper he was looking at.

"What are you talking about?"

"This!" Zaid grabs the divorce paper which was still in my hand and waves it in front of dad's face. "You told her to do this right?"

Dad looks at me. " yes. Yes I did tell her to divorce you...its for your own good son," dad replys.

"My own good?...are you playing with me right now??? My own good my ! Where were you to think about my good when I need you the most? huh? Where were you when I needed the love of a father?" Zaid was flaring with anger.

"I was always there...i am your father,"

"Father? Do you even know the meaning of Father?...no...no you were not a father, you were and still are just a man who cared about nothing but his goddamn job!"

"DON'T DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT...WHY DID I GROW THIS COMPANY? TO SEE A DAY LIKE THIS? ALL THIS MONEY, WHERE DID YOU THINK ALL THIS MONEY WAS GONNA COME FROM IF I DIDN'T WORK...I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO GET TO WHERE I AM NOW...TO HAVE ALL THESE MONEY," dad says with his voice raised. Zaid sqizzes my hand. I can't tell this must be hurting him.

"You know what? Yes, you did work hard, maybe a little to hard and decided that money is more important than giving your child the love he deserves,...heck you never even remembered my birthday, forget about that...you didn't even stay back to take care of mom when she was suffering with illness...i did, I saw with my own eyes how much she wanted to see you, how much she missed you, but no...going away on a trip was more important to you...she must have forgiven you but i...i will never...if I wasn't there, who knows what would have happened to my mom...i saw the pain in her eyes and how she would look at your picture, I hated you then and hate you know but I kept it in for the sake of my mother," Zaid talks on without stopping once, he had tears coming down his cheeks. He must have had a terrible past. Something he never shared with anyone or showed in his face all this time. My heart broke seeing him like this. Dad was quite.

Next thing Zaid does really surprised me. He rips the divorce paper in half and then rips it again and again to little peices. "I guess we won't be needing this anymore," he throws the paper at dad's face and the little peices all scatter to the ground. I stand there, my mouth hanging open. Zaid turns on his heel and rushes out of the cabin, pulling me with him.

We arrive at a empty beaches. Said was still angry he didn't say a word since we left his dad's office. He punces a huge rock really hard. I run over to him.

"Stop it!," I take his hand in mine and rub his knuckles which were red. I then look at his face. He looks back at me with so much pain in his eyes that even I couldn't bare to see it. I throw my arms around him and he wraps his arms around my small waist. He crys into my shoulder.

After a long time, I release him and touch my hand to his cheek and wipe away the tears.

"Please don't leave me," he says.

"I promise...i wont," I lean in and place a kiss on his cheek. He takes my hand in his and kisses it. I smile at him and he smiles back at me.

"I love you," he says.

"I love you," I replie. The sun was setting and his face looked beautiful illuminated by the different fading colors. He leans in toward me and touches his lips to mine. I lose my breath.

My first kiss and with the person I love the most in this world.

My husband.

******************

Heyyy guys...so how was the chapter?...finally they know each others feelings and accept it and are together...this story is almost coming to an end but stay tuned for few more chapters...its gonna be interesting, I promise...give me feedbacks, COMMENT, vote, like and share. Pleaseeee