Chapter 21: Octavius

I don't know where all this was coming from but I like it. Finally we're talking about the elephant in the room.
But marking?

"Um well, that's how we know we belong to each other, others would know your mind and females would know I'm yours. And it would stop me from holding back myself every time a male is around you knowing that you have my mark"

She looked as if she was thinking about it and processing. Yes I thought about Marking her but I wasn't going to bring it up I was going to let her since it was her decision.

"That would be a lot easier"
She laid her head on my shoulder and sat there in silence. That was when I remembered.

"I'm sorry. That day you wanted to see the kid. I know you met Sarah"
When I said that I instantly regretted it. Because she stiffened and moved away from me. Causing me to frown.

"Maybe you can mark her then"
She then got up and started to leave before I grabbed her and gently turned as her to face me.

"Lily yes we.. Anyway it was before I met you. You're my mate not her. I love you not her ok"

I sat back as if I hit myself. Did I love her? I mean I cared deeply for her I would do anything but love? I couldn't could I, I mean...

She looked at me as if she was frozen he gave ranged from so many emotions. Then settled on one I seen many times. Fear.

"No"

"No?" I asked. Now I was confused.

"You can't love me, people don't love me they can't they-"

I cut her off my pressing my lips to hers. At first I thought she was going to push me away but then we became to move in sync.
Then she pushed me away.

"No you don't understand, no one should love someone like me, I'm nothing, I-you- I-I-"

I wrapped my arms around her and guided her gaze up to where she was looking at me.

"I do. Ok I love you and anyone would be stupid not to. You kind, stubborn and had the hottest temper I've seen. You are everything"

I wiped a stray tear with my thumb as a striker her cheek.

"Octavius I-"

"Listen to me. You are not worthless, you deserve to be loved. You're everything, what are you scared of?"

I needed to know I couldn't keep guessing.

I brought us to where we were sitting on the couch now. She was in my lap. No matter how much I wanted to kiss her again how I was patient for her to answer me.

"I'm half human" she went to get up but I held her there.

I now understand what Xzavier's problem was. And that's why we were different. I was ok with her being half human.