Chapter 23: Lilian

I laid there on the bed covered in nothing but the sheet and it felt amazing. Octavius turned on his side so he was now facing me. His brows furrowed.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

A small giggle left my mouth before I could say anything. He was worried.

"I'm fine just a little sore"
His face fell into a frown and he just looked at me with saddened eyes.

"I'm fine. Promise. Besides if I was hurting you would know now right?"

Both the sides of his lips curled up into a smile then a frown again.
"I don't ever want you to be in pain"

Now that we're fully mated we could now feel each other. Our emotions and our mind will belong to each other.

'You know you look quite fetching in a sheet'
His voice spoke in my mind. I looked at him startled. I could hear him.

"Was that you?"

He smiled and nodded

'Yep'

I smiled. I have never mind linked before. Even in my old pack they all had their barriers up and I wasn't officially known as a pack member since all Xzavier was waiting for was for me to die by 'natural causes' as he says. Even now I was scared he might find me, or worse find me and hurt the pack. Hurt Octavius.

A frown echoed the room I turned to look at Octavius who wore a stern look.
"nothing will happen to us. Or me do you understand"

He took my face in his hands looking at me. So he can hear my thoughts now that's great.

"I understand but you don't know him like I do he's-"

I really wish he'll stop that.

He broke the kiss and looked at me. A look of passion and love and protect fullness. I understood but that didn't stop the doubts.
I nodded and laid to where my head was on his chest.

"I'm scared...."

His hand rubbed my back as if trying to comfort me.

"I know"

It was noon by the time Sage came barging into out room to wake us up and when she did she instantly regretted it.
Octavia woke immediately, I on the other hand just felt like laying there.

I'm the kitchen it was just Sage and myself as Octavius was probably upstairs.
"Come on how I was supposed to know you were naked!"
Sage huffed as she threw her arms up.

"I don't know by knocking. Now I hope you learned your lesson"
I laughed at her. She's been telling me how that was not a sight to walk in on. Cute or not.

"I apologize. Now maybe it will be easier Friday when he presents you to the pack"

Easier as in on edge the whole day.

Yes we completed the bond. Yes I'm still figuring out my feeling. Or trying to bring them to the surface but that don't mean the Xzavier thing is cold turkey.

'I told you before nothing is going to happen'

Octavia spoke through the mind link. I even looked around to check if he was behind me.

'This is going to take some getting used to'
I told him. As Sage went on and on about Friday. She had this bright idea of putting me in a dress. Hell no.

'Ha-ha you will in time, and you should wear a dress, strapless, so it will be easy to remove'

I shuffled a laugh trying not to choke on my coffee.

"What. Are you even paying attention?"

I nodded, which was a lie since I have one mate stuck in my head. Literally.

'And don't you forget it'

At that little remark I couldn't help but roll my eyes.
"What you don't like that idea?"
I was lost.

"Yes?" I sounded less confident of that answer than I planned.

"Are you even paying attention? Come one Lu- sorry. Lilian"
Since the whole mating thing and Sage freaking out since we were officially mated the 'Luna' thing keeps popping up. Besides that time at dinner that was a ruse.

"It's kind of hard when you have Alpha on the brain" I pointed to my head then upstairs.

"Oh my god! Stay out of her head we're having a conversation here" Sage shouted just as a laughing Daniel entered the kitchen. I looked from him to his mate.

"She always like this?"
He was about to say something but she turned around and beat him to it "Choose your answer wisely or you're sleeping on the couch"

I looked at her wide eyed.
Hormonal much.

"Ha.... Uh... Alpha!" He yelled.
Heading up the stairs.

Sage watched him head upstairs. Then began tearing up.

"I'm sorry. It's these hormones I don't know what's wrong with me, I been like this all day. He must hate me" she sobbed.

I walked over to her and embraced her in a hug.
"No he don't hate you it's the pregnancy hormones" she stopped crying and backed away.

"The baby isn't making me a bitch don't blame it on him!"

I was speechless. As was she, a few moments passed then she was crying again.

"it's alright" I cautiously walked back up to her and tried to comfort her the best I could.
Then little Jack walked in.

"Whys the pregnant lady crying, I can hear her outside?"
Jack asked pretty sure not meaning anything by it. As seven year old's go that is.

"Excuse me, listen here you-"

"ok! Jack go back outside"
I pointed him to the door. Then I turned to Sage
"Here have some ice cream or something"
I grabbed a small carton from the freezer and handed it to her.

'All pregnant wolves like this?'

For a moment I thought I heard him laugh but quickly ignored it.

'not all each is different"

I nodded in understanding but it seems like Sages hormones are early in the pregnancy. Already she isn't angry...yet
Since wolves have different pregnancy symptoms than humans our hormones are differently related to the pregnancy. For example Sage is acting like she is bipolar. For humans it's probably not that bad but for pregnant wolves.... I don't even know.

A loud thud broke me from my thoughts only when I turned did I try not to laugh.

"I dropped it" she stiffed back a sob.

'Get Daniel down here now'
I told through the mind link as I stepped over a now melting puddle of ice cream.

"it's ok I'll clean it up, and until then why don't you go home and take a nap you must be exhausted Daniel can give you a good foot rub"

Just as I grabbed a cloth and the trash did both the guys came down stairs. Daniel was cautious coming down stairs Octavius was just keeping his distance.

'Is the alpha scared of a pregnant wolf?'

I asked sounding amused. He looked at me with a raised brow.
He let out a huff as he came to help with the mess while Daniel tried to comfort his pregnant mate.