Theo; Replaced

Your shift at a local restaurant was going completely fine, almost perfect until your ex boyfriend, Theo Raeken walked through the door hand in hand with somebody new.

You could have sworn that you felt your heart drop into your stomach as you immediately walked into the kitchen, hoping that Theo hadn't seen you.

You had always told yourself if this were to happen, you would be happy for him. Be happy that he moved on. But you were finding it almost impossible to move on.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing?" Somebody asked from behind you. You turned your head to come face to face with your boss. "Get back out there, we have new customers!"

"I'm... I'm sorry sir, I-I can't go out there, that guy," you turned back around to gaze at Theo, "he used to be my boyfriend." You said, hoping that he would understand that it would only be an uncomfortable situation for both of us.

"Tragic. Now if you don't go out there and serve them, you can tell everyone you used to work here." He spoke sarcastically faking a smile.

You swallowed heavily before allowing a sigh to escape your lips. You grabbed your notepad and pen before heading back out and making a direct beeline towards their table.

As you approached them, you got a better view of his new girlfriend. She was... Beautiful. She had long brown hair flowing down her back and piercing green eyes. Her smile could light up Beacon Hills and you hated admitting it.

"H-Hi. I'm, uh, Y/N and I'll be your waitress for today. Could I start you out with something to drink?" You nervously said as you stood in front of their table.

"Yeah, I'll have a..." Theo started, averting his eyes away from her and freezing as soon as he saw you. The smile that once covered his face slowly began to fade. "Uh- Uhm, I'll just have a glass of water." He stuttered, looking towards the girl beside him.

"I'll just take an iced tea." She smiled politely. God, even her voice was angelic. You felt a knot grow in the pit of your stomach as you watched her intertwine her fingers with his.

"Y-Yeah. I'll get that for you." You announced before hurrying back towards the kitchen.

You pressed your back against the wall, shutting your eyes tightly as the tears threatened to fall. You cursed under your breath as one slipped down your cheek, then another. Why did you feel this way? You broke up with him. You let him go. This was your fault.

You shouldn't feel this way. This used to be what you wanted; You used to hate the way your phone blew up with calls and text messages from him after your break up. You found yourself wishing that he could find somebody new and move on, but now it has happened and it was killing you.

Your hands shook as you put their drinks together on a tray and picked it up, making your way back to the table.

You were so caught up in trying to do your job that you forgot to wipe away the few tears that had fallen.

"Here you go. One glass of water and one iced tea." You forced a smile, moving the glasses from the tray onto the table. You avoided eye contact with both of them.

"Thank you," she smiled, "hey, are you okay? Have you been crying?" She asked, her voice laced with concern. Shît. She's so goddamn perfect. My eyes widened and I reached my arm up to wipe the drops away with my sleeve.

"I'm fine." I assured her smiling softly. I couldn't help but glance over at Theo. He looked worried. His eyes held a bit of sadness and guilt. "I'll be right back to take your food orders." My voice cracked.

Theo's girlfriend nodded her head and I took that chance to walk away. I went back to the kitchen; my safe haven.

I stared at the couple from where I stood. Theo looked at her so amazed, like she was the most amazing girl to ever walk the face of the earth.

It broke my heart.

It broke my heart to think that he used to look at me that way. I used to be the only girl in the world for him. I used to be the most amazing girl to ever walk the face of the earth. I used to be his.

Theo stood up from his seat and walked in the direction of the bathrooms. You were dying to talk to him, even though you had no words to say. But that didn't matter, so you followed.

"Y/N." Theo's lips formed a slight smile as he exited the restroom and saw you.

"Hi Theo." You barely whispered, but because of his heightened senses you were positive that he had heard you.

"How are you?" He took a few steps towards you. Sad, broken, jealous.

"Good." You lied. "What about you?"

Theo looked down, burying his hands in his pockets. He stayed silent for a brief moment before meeting my gaze once again.

"I'm great." He smiled. A true, genuine smile. You nodded your head, returning the kind gesture. "Her name's Jasmine, by the way."

"She's beautiful." You said softly, quickly looking at the brunette sitting all alone at the table.

"She's amazing." Theo agreed. "I wanted to fight for you Y/N. I did fight for you, and I wanted to continue fighting but you didn't want me to. You didn't want me anymore and all I wanted was for you to be happy and it seemed that you were with me out of the picture."

You looked at your shoes, trying to avoid Theo's stare.

"I'm sorry Theo. I thought I was happy without you too, but, I guess not." You stifled a small laugh, pointing towards your tear stained cheeks.

"I'm sorry about that."

A moment of silence. "You should go, I'm sure she's waiting." You told him.

"Yeah. I should." He smiled. He walked but before he could pass you, he planted a soft kiss on your temple.

That's when you knew that you would not be getting over Theo anytime soon. But he was happy now, and it was time that you found something else to fulfill your own happiness.