22: On Your Own

Hey everyone, I hope you are all are having a good week. I thought I'd release another chapter for you all since recently my uploads has been a bit weak. I have been really busy but I'm trying my best to still release new chapters. Plus it was my birthday yesterday, so things are just a bit crazy this week. I will be going on a break over Christmas and I'll resume the uploads in the new year. BUT! I will be posting a Christmas themed chapter next week before this fanfic goes on a break.

Anyway, on with the chapter!

:-{ D
--------------------
The sound of birds chirping slowly woke Ivy up. Ivy felt the warm sun on the side of her face. Ivy moved her head to look at Harley sleeping peacefully in her arms. She smiled at how beautiful Harley looked. Her blonde hair seemed to glow as the sun shone on her hair. Ivy softly moved a strand of Harley's hair from her face. She then placed her hand on Harley's cheek and stroked it gently. "Harley..." Ivy said softly. Ivy moved closer to Harley's face. "Harley..." Ivy repeated, slightly louder. Harley slowly opened her eyes and started to stretch. Harley's sparkling blue eyes looked up at Ivy and she smiled. "Hey red" Harley half whispered, still slightly sleepy. "Morning beautiful" Ivy said. "Morning bay-bee" Harley replied, hugging Ivy tightly. Ivy hugged her back, loving this short moment.

After getting up and getting ready, the pair prepared to go to the lake and stream nearby. Ivy wore a green bikini while Harley wore a red bikini with a bit of black on it. The pair headed to the spot together, holding hands all the way. Their towels hung over their shoulders as they walked.

Harley and Ivy arrived at the lake. It was a wonderful sight. Very secluded and peaceful. As soon as they arrived, they dropped their towels and ran into the lake. Along the way, they giggled excitedly. They ran into the water and splashed about. All the while they were in the water, the splashed each other and laughed. After a while, the pair got out of the water and dried themselves off a little. Harley and Ivy wrapped their towels round each other. They then headed back to their camping spot.

A few hours went by and the pair spent most of their day chilling out. They explored a little bit but mostly around the camping spot. "Hey Harl, you want to eat here before we go back?" Ivy asked. "Yeah okay" Harley replied happily. "Okay, you go get some wood and leafs for me and we'll make a small fire for our lunch" Ivy instructed. "Okay red" Harley beamed, standing up. "Don't go too far" Ivy called as Harley skipped away. Ivy began preparing their lunch.

Harley hummed to herself as she walked along, picking up bits of wood, twigs and leafs. She had been walking for about fifteen minutes before she realized that the forest had gotten thicker. This wasn't uncommon for Harley. She would often get distracted in her own head and this would end up with Harley getting lost or hurt. Harley looked around at her surroundings, trying to find something familiar. "Red? Red?!" Harley called, getting extremely worried. Harley picked up her pace, trying to find her way back to camp. As she did this, Harley called out for Ivy but with no luck. The longer she searched, the more stressed she got. Harley was now running, trying to find Ivy or something that would lead her back to Ivy. Harley suddenly tripped and fell face first, dropping everything in her hands. She hit her head when she landed and rolled onto her back. Harley was dazed by this and laid still for a minute, trying to gather herself. Harley placed her hand on her forehead where she hit it and tears welled up in her eyes. "Oh red..." Harley sobbed. She cried softly, not knowing what to do. 

After a few minutes, Harley slowly got up and started to walk. She was a little wobbly on her feet and tears continued to roll down her cheeks. Harley walked for a few moments before she heard a soft voice. Harley looked up and saw Ivy standing next to the tent. "Harl?" Ivy said softly. Harley lowered her head and cried. Ivy rushed over and hugged Ivy. "Hey, hey" Ivy reassured, trying to calm her down. Ivy hugged her tightly as Harley cried in her arms. "I-I'm sorry r-red, I got l-lost an-and I didn't know what to do" Harley stuttered as she cried. "Shhhhh, It's okay baby. It's my fault. I shouldn't have sent you on your own. I'm sorry, it's okay Harl shhhh" Ivy reassured, soothing Harley.

Ivy placed a plaster on Harley's forehead. A few minutes has gone by and Ivy managed to calm Harley down. Harley had a cut on her forehead from when she fell over so Ivy cleaned it up. Ivy was knelt down right in front of her. While she did it, Harley just stared down at the ground. She felt she had let Ivy down. After finishing up Harley's head, Ivy gently lifted Harley's head slightly so she was looking into her eyes. Ivy's other hand rested on Harley's knee. They didn't have to say anything. They just stared into each other's eyes. "Your eyes are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen" Ivy said softly. Harley smiled slightly and sniffed. "Yours ain't too bad" Harley replied. "Oi, cheeky" Ivy smiled. Harley giggled slightly before going serious. "I'm really sorry red... I keep on messing up" Harley said. Ivy breathed out through her nose and smiled. "Stop beating yourself up over messing up. We all mess up Harl. It's all part of who we are. We have to make mistakes to learn from mistakes" Ivy began, placing a hand on Harley's cheek. "I love you so much Harl" Ivy added, with a smile. She then leaned in and pressed her lips against Harley's...
--------------------
I thought I'd continue the camping adventure because I like camping myself. Takes you away from technology and the problems in life. It lets you be in peace. If you love nature, then it's a fun thing to do. Camping in a field or woods, exploring your surroundings, hiking, campfires at night and so much more. It is fun. Hope you all enjoyed this short adventure and next chapter should be out around Monday time. 

Next chapter is titled: "With You Forever". See you all next chapter!