Chapter Two

The buzzing in my head was minimal but I was still a bit dizzy. I groaned softly. A bunch of whispers alerted me that I wasn't alone wherever I was. I opened my eyes a bit and saw the world blurry and lugubrious before it cleared and I could peek out at the surroundings. There were three boys huddled together in a corner whispering. Quietly, I opened my eyes fully trying to not alert them that I was awake, as my eyes surveyed the scene around me. I was in some sort of room. Someone's bedroom, lying on a bed that wasn't mine. It looked like a little kids room with a race car bed and brightly coloured wallpapers with boyish designs. Neither of the three boys seemed to have noticed or had any knowledge that I had awaken. I couldn't help but become a bit curious as to what they were busy quibbling about and tried to listen closer, prying into what they were saying.

"Do you think she's dead?" One boy asks.

It sounded like the voice belonged to the one with the dirty blonde hair. The one that was supposed to catch the ball that struck me. I eyed his black pullover hoodie down to his dark coloured skinny jeans which he then paired with a pair of black combat boots. His deep voice didn't seem to match his exterior, then again he looked a bit over seventeen. I didn't know him that was for sure. I didn't even seem to recognize him from anywhere either, I had only met or seen the guy today at the park.

Who are these people and whose house is this?

He glanced over his shoulder and I closed my eyes immediately pretending to still be unconscious. He didn't notice me flinch a bit and they went back to whispering, ignoring my supposedly unconscious body perched on a child's bed.

I peeked out at them again carefully not to be discovered. Their backs were turned, just like they had been since I regained consciousness and started eavesdropping.

"I told you we should have left her there," the brown-haired boy spat in a hushed tone.

"To die in the middle of the park?" The third one inquires with a voice full of sarcasm.

This time it was the one with silky jet black hair that was faded a bit at the sides that spoke. The one who had been sporting a bikers jacket and tees underneath it from earlier.

"How do you say we get rid it?" Blondie questions.

The one with the brown hair spoke again.

"I don't know throw it off a bridge make it look like an accident," he jests.

It? That asshole did not just refer to me as 'it'. How rude!

That piece of shit face. I should just walk over and knock him unconscious.

"That won't work," he said clearly ignoring the intended humour, "everyone already saw us taking her from the park idiot."

"What bright ideas do you have to solve this mess Blade?" The brown-haired boy asks, sounding a bit irritated before glancing over his shoulder to which I quickly reacted playing dead.

Blade? Seriously? Out of all the names, his mother chose Blade.

What are his siblings called, Knife and Machete?

"Wait until she wakes up."

He glanced over his shoulder and my eyes snapped shut instantly. I held my breath trying to keep perfectly still without flinching this time. I peeked through one eye and he was still staring at me confused.

Oh shit, he saw me move.

I snapped my eyes tightly closed, hoping he was stupid enough to think it was dreamt, or his brain was playing tricks on him and he had not seen me flinch not even a centimetre.