Paranoid

I bit my lip as I heard the strong winds outside. My grip tighten on the blanket I was currently using as a shield of the constant buzzing of my phone. I knew he was angry, maybe even beyond because I wasn't answering him. I whimpered as I heard something fall outside.

"It's just the wind." I chanted to myself as I heard something fall again. I hated this, the fact that he has made me become alert of every little thing. If this continued on any longer, I was sure that I would go crazy. I was already paranoid enough at the fact that he was watching me everyday, 24/7. I was afraid to leave the house, and strangers terrified me now. In this moment, it made me wish I had at least made an effort over the 16 years I've been alive to make a friend or two. I even wished my parents and I got along.

I yelped as another crackle of thunder and lightning boomed and lit my room. I thought that today, it being Saturday and no school, would have been a good day but I was wrong. It seemed that it was a good day to have a big storm and scare the living shit out of me with every sound that the wind made.

As time went by and the storm didn't seem it was going to die down anytime soon. I then noticed that my phone stopped making any noise. I shakily reached over to the electronic device and turned it on. I winced at the sudden bright light but squinted my eyes to adjust to the lighting.

They widened as I saw the many countless messages from him and caused me to tremble in fear as I read the messages.

I bit my lip and looked away from the screen as I knew he was angry by the way he sent the many threats to me. 'He's short tempered.' I concluded. As a shadow suddenly caught my attention. It stood a far distance from my window as it slowly began to move closer. My eyes widen, yet again, as I quickly brought my blanket over my head and squeezed my eyes shut. My heart pounded in my ears as I began to shake a terror and had to try to keep myself from peeking.

I slowly opened my eyes, wanting to catch a peek if anything was there. I stopped as I heard angry taps on my window. The taps then began to start getting harsher and louder than the storm outside; I quickly shut my eyes tightly once again and covered my ears with the palm of my small hands. "It's nothing!" I softly encouraged myself as the taps turned into pounding, making me afraid of the window breaking.

Relief washed over me as it stopped. I left out a shaky breath as I removed my palms from my ears and opened my eyes as I slowly brought my blanket down, inch by inch. I peeked over the blanket and saw nothing in front of my window.