Liam; The Perfect Boy

"I can't believe you, you son of a bîtch!" You cry as you throw multiple punches at your boyfriend Brett's chest. Your actions seem to have absolutely no effect on him, he doesn't move. Instead, he grabs a hold of your wrists and forces you to stop.

"Y/N, stop. Listen to me!" He raises his voice a little, loud enough to scare you but soft enough for nobody else to hear.

"No. Don't touch me!" You pull yourself out of his grip. "And I will not listen to you!"

"I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you." He reasons, causing you to laugh loudly.

"You wanted to tell me?" You frown. "No Brett, you shouldn't have asked me out if you were going to go and kiss somebody else, a guy." You feel as the tears prick your eyes. You refuse to cry in front of him.

"I'm sorry." He says once again.

"Sorry won't cut it. Goodbye Brett." You shake your head, not hesitating to walk away from him. Your ex boyfriend.

* * *

"Why am I crying?" You ask yourself as the tears pour out of your eyes. "Why the hell am I crying?"

"Yeah, why are you crying?" You immediately look up after hearing a familiar voice.

"Liam." You say, clearly surprised to see him at your bedroom door. You wipe away the tears that have fallen with your sleeves. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked you something first." He walks towards your bed and takes a seat.

"It's nothing." You assure him.

"You're lying. Not only did your heartbeat give that away, you've been crying for over an hour." He points out.

"How long have you been here?"

"Long enough."

You sigh. "I broke up with Brett. He kissed somebody else. He kissed some guy on our lacrosse team, I caught them in the lockeroom." You feel your heart break even more.

"I never liked him." Liam simply says.

"I just told you that my boyfriend cheated on me and that's all you have to say?" You raise an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, but I'm serious. I never liked him. I knew he wasn't good for you from the beginning Y/N." Liam places his hand on your shoulder, trying to comfort you.

"I really thought we were meant to be." You say, allowing a few more tears to fall from your eyes.

"He doesn't deserve you." Liam whispers. "Y/N, you deserve somebody way better than Brett Talbot. You deserve someone who treats you like the only girl in the world. Someone who loves you with every beat of his heart." Liam trails off.

You laugh. "That's impossible. There is no such guy Liam. The perfect boy doesn't exist." You air quote the words 'perfect boy'.

"I disagree." You look at him as he places a strand of hair behind your ear. "I just think you're looking in all the wrong places. The perfect boy might be closer than you think."

"You're right." You smile. "I should start looking." You stand up, leaving Liam sitting on the edge of your bed in confusion.

"What's with the face?" You smirk looking back at him.

"Y/N, I kind of just told you how I feel about you." Liam tells you and you narrow your eyes at him.

"You did?"

"Well, yes, indirectly." He stands up. "In very vague detail." He adds, causing you to laugh.

You walk closer to Liam before wrapping your arms around him and hugging him tightly.

"I'm flattered that you feel this way Liam." You whisper into his ear. "I'm just not ready to get into another relationship right now."

"I'll wait." Liam says almost instantly.

You smile. "I can't make you do that."

"You don't have to. I want to. I want to wait for you." He says.

You don't know what to say, but you didn't have to say anything. You wrap your arms around your best friend again. Deep down you know that he won't be waiting very long.

***

don't forget to vote and comment if you want