chapter thirteen

"Nothing's wrong... I just have a lot on my mind."

Olivia, Lydia, and Allison were currently on the escalator in Macy's going to the second flour to find a dress to the formal.

"You could smile at least. Ever hear the saying, never frown. Someone could be falling  in love with your smile?"

"Yeah Allison smile. I'm buying you a dress." Olivia smirked. Because Lydia was accompanying them, Allison literally had to drag Olivia to the store.

"I have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected."

"Perfect."

"But not as much as I'm going to ask."

"What? What are you talking about?" Olivia asked, furrowing her eyebrows

"It means, you are going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to, and you're going to go with somebody else."

"Who?"

Allison looked over her shoulder to the boy standing at the perfume counter, Olivia and Lydia both following her gaze.

"Him."

All three girls watched as Stiles was inspecting a perfume, then accidentally squirted it on himself, making him sneeze.

"Ohhh. Don't frown, Olivia. Somebody could be falling in love with your smile." Olivia immediately brought the corners of her mouth up.

"I'm not frowning. In fact, I'm glad you're making me ask Stiles."

The girls watched again as Stiles noticed their stare, giving them a cheeky smile and a wave. Well- mostly to Olivia. Olivia smiled back, then looked at Allison, flipping her hair as she waled over to the buzzcut boy.

"Hello Stiles."

"Uh- hey- hey Olivia. What's up?"

"What are you doing here?" She smiled

"You know..."

"I actually don't." she laughed

"You know... I mean I know... I mean it doesn't matter. Just, uh, looking?"

Olivia laughed again, "Do you by any chance have a date to the formal?"

Stiles' eyes widened, "Me? Nope! I do not haha. I mean, um- not- not at the moment."

"Would you want to go with me."

If it was even possible, Stiles eyes widened even more, and his heart began to accelerate at a faster pace. "Totally! I'd love too!"

"Great! You can help me pick out a dress!" Olivia grabbed his hand, pulling him over to the section both girls were already looking in.

Stiles watched- no admired Olivia as she looked through he racks of dresses. He noticed how her  eyebrows would furrow when she saw a dress she found hideous, and raise them a bit as she would find one she liked. She took out a dress every once in a while to see how it looked, and Stiles would say 'that one's nice' or 'i like that one.' Each time she'd look at him, raising her eyebrow, then put it back, almost as to say 'are you kidding? it's hideous.'

As minutes flew by, Olivia began to hold multiple dresses tat she'd later have to try on. "I can hold those for you." Stiles told her

"No, it's okay. I don't want to burden you. You're already suffering through watching me shop." She laughed

"No seriously. Let me hold them." He smiled

"You sure?"

Stiles nodded his head, taking the dresses from her grasp, her smiling in gratitude.