Witches

While Clover continued feeding more of Newt's creatures and tidying up, Newt watched her with pure affection in his eyes. He didn't understand how a human so sweet and innocent didn't have anyone other than herself. Newt remembered Clover telling him about her non magical brother who constantly used and abused her throughout her childhood. It was even hard for her to fight back. Her wizard parents were never around and when they were, never believed her 'stories'. Thinking them false and used just for attention.

But Clover didn't lie.

"Clover?" Newt called her name. She turned around.

"Hm?" She asked while setting down the buckets of food and giving him her full attention.

"You ever think about... moving back to London?" Clover frowned at Newt's words and paused. As if she were contemplating it in her head.

"Well..." she thought to herself out loud. "I guess I thought about it once or twice... but I wouldn't have much of a place to say. I'd rather not revisit my old place of course."

Newt nodded in understanding. "Of course not."

Clover chewed on her lower lip gently and picked up the two now empty buckets of feed and carried them to the tap to clean. Newt watched her while lost in thought himself.

A sharp sound cut them both out of their thoughts.

"Must be the door." Clover told him. "I'll get it."

Clover climbed up the ladder and rushed to the door of her flat, brushing off a few stray leaves and clumps of dirt from her dress. She unlocked the double locks on the door and opened it for the guest.

She didn't recognize the male face at the door. The sharp features and stern- looking eyes. The dark hair and mistrustful vibes the man gave off.

"Hello, Miss Ackerley. Might I have just a moment of your time?" Clover frowned at the prospect of letting a stranger in, but slowly nodded.

The tall man walked in and sat in her parlor as if it was his own. Clover clenched her fist, a bit annoyed. She sat down across from him. "I was reading an article in the newspaper about this whole idea of a 'Second Salem'. Very impressive, I must say."

Clover cupped her chin with her palm and sighed. "And what is your name sir?"

"Harold Gorgon. I'm a lawyer." He said as if it were some very accomplishing feat.

Clover nodded while he droned on a about himself and daydreamed of being somewhere else.

"You know we could use a person with talent like yours." Clover looked up.

"You think so?"

Harold stood up and nodded promptly. "Yes, indeed so."

"Hm." She mumbled pretending to be interested.

Harold walked towards her and in a second a knife was at her throat.

"Better yet, we could use witches like you dead."