Chapter 22

Slamming the door open I stride into the castle, not caring at the gasps and whispers as I nearly tear the doors off the hinges. A maid quickly ran over to me trying to wrap a house coat around me which I take, before heading off again. My anger was pouring out of me, the smell of it filling the halls as I stormed through the castle. Turning a corner I hit a wall. No. not a wall a person.

Elder Gracie.

His cold eyes glared down at me as I once again seemed to crash into him. How continent. I roll my eyes and his sneer grows as I pull the house coat tighter around my self. "You hold no value. I have no idea why Jason has chosen you nor why he continues to put up with your disobedience." His voice rasped out the harsh words and I glare back at him. Furrowing his brows he scoffs at me. "You should be ashamed." Spitting out the words as if I tried to poison him; which I would gladly do.

"Elder Gracie, it is none of your business on how Jason views me valuable nor how he reacts to my actions." My glare stayed unwavering, cold, just like his own, "no offensive." I added shifting on my feet as I shrug my shoulders. I was done with how everyone belittles me, all because of status. Just like Lucinda and her father, elder Gracie was a far cry from kind. Cruel, and unforgiving were words that seemed to suit him best.

"You are very much mistaken, Ella." He glared at me, he wasn't liking the fact was I was blatantly disrespecting him. "For anything that has to do with our future generations is my business." 

"Elder Gracie I think it is you who are mistaken if you think I will allow you to push me into the mud anymore." Holding my tone firm I flashed my eyes at him, elder Gracie let out a slight growl.

"Listen here pup. You will not have a place here if you keep this up. I've done it before and I'll do it again to save the generations of the future." My shock betrayed me as it displayed on my face, he had people banished before? Turned them rouge? Before I could question him farther a male cleared their throat.

My head swivelled as my gaze fell onto Jason. "I apologize Elder, " taking hold of my arm lightly he looked down at me, "come, Ella, I'll clean your wounds," he said as he guided me past Gracie and down the hall. Ripping my arm out of his hold I turn on him.

"What was that! "

"What was what Ella?" His voice didn't falter and his breathing stayed even. While I on the other hand was a raving mess of anger.

"I can handle my self Jason. I think you witnessed just how commoner-like I can be." I spat out, crossing my arms. I pulled my gaze off the attractive man in front of me, and turned them to the wall. However a slight laugh from him caused me to once again turn back. "What now!"

"Nothing, it's just. You. You're defiantly one of a kind Ella." My cheeks flushed red as I took in his complement. But he soon became serious,"besides, I should be asking you; what the hell was that? You could of gotten your self killed. Executed. Elder Gracie is no joking matter, I can understand you challenging Lucinda but not a full grown elder male. You don't have the fight in you for that." Reaching forward he took hold of my crossed arms before pulling me into him.

Warm arms wrapped around me, circling me in Jason's embrace. I was mad. I was mad I was falling for him. I was mad that he didn't act completely the way I thought and I was mad at everyone else for seeing me as weaker. Pulling out of his hold I push past him into my room. Closing the door it stops and I find Jason's foot to be in the threshold, instantly I frown and give the king a pointed look. "Leave."

"No. Ella I don't this you realize how dangerous that was, and-"

"Jason. I said leave." My mind was pounding and my adrenaline was still pumping through my veins, "I don't want to see anyone." With ease Jason pushed through. Glaring at him I try to push back on the door, to prevent him from gaining entrance.