3

As I slowly open the brown leather case, I can't help but feel as if I'm sort of betraying Newt and his privacy, but I just can't help myself. I open the case, only to find that the inside is dark, as if its an opening to a basement of some sort. 'How odd.' I mentally state as I slowly stick my hand in the case to see how far it goes. I feel around, my fingers not finding a bottom. Suddenly, I feel a wooden structure. 'Stairs?' I rise from beside the case, scratching my head. 'Where is Newt?' I mentally question. I look out into the hallway one last time before coming back to the case, slowly placing my right foot inside, feeling around for the first step. I quickly find it, and being to climb down. Once at the bottom, I do a slow 360° turn, observing my surroundings. It seems to be a small wooden shack of some sort. A plethora of herbs and flasks clutter the counters of the small space. I spot a hammock, dangling to my right. I smile to myself, thinking about how cosy it is in here. Then, I spot a door. Curiosity once again takes over my body, and I find myself cautiously making my way to the wooden door. I pause for a moment, 'I should really turn around. I've seen enough!' I internally urge myself, but then, I hear a strange noise. It sounds like some sort of animal, but I've never heard an animal sound like that before. I, ever so slowly, push open the splintery door.

     I gasp, my eyes widening as I take in all of my surroundings. Outside the wooden shack is one large room that appears to stretch for miles. The prodigious space is separated into smaller sections, each one seeming to display different weather and climates while housing an astonishing number of bizarre creatures. 'How can all this fit into a suitcase?' I inquire to myself.

     From what I can see, it almost appears to be some kind of zoo, but without the cages. I decide to take a closer look at some of the animals. I gaze to my right, seeing a strange, bamboo type of forest section. 'That looks interesting.'

     I happily make my way over to the odd area. As I get closer, I hear the subtle murmur of someone's voice. I slowly creep through the sturdy, green branches. The volume of the familiar sound waves steadily escalates as I draw nearer. 'I know that voice...' I sneakily tiptoe in the direction of the voice.

     Soon, I come across Newt kneeling on the ground next to a giant nest that's almost as big as him. "Don't worry. Mummy's here, mummy's here." He assures whatever sits in the nest.

     I attempt to stand on my toes to see what's in the mass of knitted twigs, but alas, I'm vertically impaired. I gently place my foot to he left of me, making sure I don't step on a twig as I shift my weight. After quietly placing my left foot, its twin follows.

*Snap*

     My breath catches in my throat and I freeze. Newt instantly whips his head in my direction. As soon as his eyes land on me, he turns as white as a ghost. "____? What are you doing here?" Newt stutters out, his voice slightly cracking in the middle of his sentence. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to snoop!" I blurt out, slowly backing away. Newt rises from his kneeling position and makes his way over to me. I avert eye contact with Newt and I lace my fingers behind my back. "I...I just wanted to tell you that I've decided to accompany you on your travels." I begin to explain. "I made breakfast and was going to wake you up, but then I saw you weren't in your room, so I started wondering where you where and then I came across your case and..." I trail off.

     I stand still, staring at the ground, expecting Newt to yell at me, but what he does instead surprises me. Newt slowly reaches over, gently grabbing my arms, bringing my hands to the front of me. He cups my hands in his own and brings them to his lips. I instantly look up at the Brit, a bright red blush traveling across my cheeks. I don't pull away, and neither does he. He keeps his lips on my hands for a few more seconds before hesitantly releasing them. I hold my hands to my chest, the blush still apparent.

     "I am really sorry." I say. Newt looks at me with a soft, understanding smile. "Please, don't apologize." He says, looking into my eyes for a few brief seconds before directing his gaze elsewhere. "I was going to show you this place eventually, you just sped up the process." Newt lightly chuckles and scratches the back of his head. I smile to myself, thanking God he isn't mad.

     "So, you've agreed to be my traveling animal doctor?" I nod happily. "But, before I do, you need to explain a few things to me." I smirk.
                             * * *
     Newt spent the next 3 hours explaining everything I needed and wanted to know. In fact, it wouldn't be an understatement to say that he literally told me everything. Everything about his case, his creatures, and most of all, he told me all about the wizarding world that exists unbeknownst to "muggles". Every tiny detail intrigued me. There wasn't a single thing Newt said that wasn't interesting. Everything was simply amazing!

     "Can you do magic?" I ask Newt, as if it wasn't obvious. Newt smiles at me as he retrieves a long, sleek, wooden object from his belt loop. "Well, of course."

     I slightly lean forward, waiting in anticipation for Newt to work his magic. Literally.

     He scans his surroundings until he spots a small wooden bowl resting on a table across the way. Newt, his wand in hand, lightly flicks his wrist, "Accio." He says softly. Instantly, the wooden bowl flies strait towards Newt with amazing speed. I gasp as he catches the small dish with ease. I stare wide eyed at Newt and start to laugh. "That's incredible!" I exclaim as he sets the bowl on the ground next to him. "You're amazing." I say under my breath, not knowing that he can hear me.

     Newt quickly stands up, light pink dusting his cheeks and ears. "Would you like to see more magic?" He stutters. I look up, smiling like a child in a candy store. "Yes, please!"