chapter fourteen

"Olivia, your date is here!" Natalie said, as she let Stiles inside.

Stiles could hear the clicking of Olivia's heels from the floor above, and his heart couldn't help but speed up.

"Coming." He heard her angelic voice grow closer

The sound of heels going down stairs echoed the through the first flour, making Stiles shoot his head over to them.

There she stood, at the bottom of the stairs. Smiling as she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

Don't get a boner. Don't get a boner. Stiles chanted in his head. It had just barley worked. Barley.

"Hey, Stiles you look very dashing."

Stiles could barley form words. "Olivia, you- you look absolutely stunning! Gorgeous! Extravagant! Beautiful!"

"Stiles..." she looked down with a small smile, blushing, making him smile along.

"So, are you ready?"

"Yes." Music to his ears.

Lydia and her jock date had left around the same time, and both girls rolled their eyes at each other as they made eye contact in the driveway.

As they arrived at the school, Olivia looked to the car over and saw Allison and Jackson, then Lydia and her date one over.

Stiles rushed to Olivia's side of the Jeep, as she began to open the door. He immediately took it, opening the rest for her.

"How gentleman of you." She smiled

"Anything for you."

Olivia watched as Lydia complimented Jackson, "Jackson. You look handsome."

"Obviously. It's Hugo Boss." He said before walking away with Allison.

"Lydia, you don't need a guy to tell you that you look nice to feel good. If it wasn't already obvious, you look great." Despite their differences lately, Olivia still cared deeply for her sister and it hurt to see the look brought to her face because of Jackson.

Lydia scoffed, "Easy for you to say." Before walking away, catching up with her date whom lost interest in their conversation.

Sighing, Olivia looked to the ground with sad eyes.

"Well, I think you look beautiful." Stiles looked at her with huge amounts of adoration.

"Really?" Olivia met his gaze with a soft smile.

Stiles nodded extracting his arm. Olivia held back an obnoxious grin, looping her arm in his, walking into the dance.

OLIVIA and Stiles at at a table quietly, observing the dance. Olivia would've done something to entertain them, but she was waiting for Stiles to make the first move.

Sties turned to her, "Do you wanna dance?"

"Uh- pass." Olivia was not a good dancer.

"You know what? Let me try that again. Olivia, get off your cute little ass and dance with me now."

Olivia looked at him humorously. "Interesting tactic. I'm gonna stick with no."

"Olivia, get up, okay? You're gonna dance with me! I don't care that you and my best friend kissed, aright I'm over that- but Olivia, I've had a crush on you since the third grade. And I know that somewhere inside you are actually independent. And don't give a shit about what anyone at this school has to say about you, but you keep it up for your sister. And I'm also pretty sure that I'm the only one besides Lydia that knows how smart you really are because Lydia makes you pretend to be a nitwit and for some reason you allow her to boss you around like that. Uh-huh. And that once your done pretending to be a nitwit, you'll eventually go off and write some insane mathematical theorem that wins you the Nobel Prize."