20

The day, all in all, was pretty uneventful.

Well, except for me catching on to Latin quickly and easily being able to speak fluently in it.

It was right after art.

Bill and I want to the Latin room where the teacher had greeted us simply so everyone could understand.

I said a complicated greeting in return.

Bill and I sat, eager to begin.

"Good morning class. Today we will be covering new words," the teacher said as she walked to the head of the classroom.

Everyone looked confused except Bill. How did they not understand that?

It was English!

"Does anyone know what that means?" Ms. Strauss asked.

I raised my hand, reciting it word for word in English.

"Great Job, Cicero!" The white-haired young teacher beamed.

"Th-thanks," I responded.

As soon as the bell rung, and Bill and I had walked out of class, I pulled him aside to question him.

"So forward Pinetree~," he had said quietly.

"Bill. Not that. No. Just...no. It's...how am I able to speak and completely understand Latin?"

"Look. You're on a demons' wheel. My summoning language is Latin. Half the wheel can speak it fluently and read it perfectly. Also, pronounce it just like they used to. The other half can't, but the other half happens to have more social ability. And in the old days, that would give you good standings in the social hierarchies."

We started towards our next class.

"Oh... That makes sense."

"Yeah, it's sort of an advantage, but it comes with quite a bit of responsibility for the whole world. Every wheel member has to be in exact agreement, and say, if one is unsure, the whole world's fate rests on their shoulders," Bill explained.

"So, if I'm able to have the ability in Latin, that explains why Mabel is a social butterfly?"

"Pretty much," he said, ruffling my hair.

A small blush started to appear on my cheeks as we entered Biology.

We went through the rest of the day normally, holding hands as we walked home. My mom was luckily not there!

Yay for work! Hers specifically!

I got a dream demon boyfriend who tutors me and gives me the answers.

A/N: HOLY SHIT GUYS!!! 2K READS?! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Okay, I need to know: what would you like to see in this story?

I really don't have a plot :P

So far just slightly plotted fluff and you guys seem to love it!