Chapter 9

Nora James P. O. V

I cock my head to the side letting my gaze roam over the reflection of myself in the mirror.

The navy blue off the shoulder dress hugging my body tight in all the right places.

Maybe a little too tight.

Should I be wearing this?

I muse over all the pros and cons.

Why am I over thinking this so much?

Just then Alexander walks in, his eyes glued to his phone.

Turning a little to the side, I take in the dress around my figure, trying to work my angles.

Pouting a little, I look over at Alexander.

"Baby, does this make my butt look to big."

Almost instantaneously Alexander snaps his head to where I am as his eyes take up and down my body.

I turn a bit more, my back almost completely facing him.

"Does my butt look big?" I question once again.

Tugging it down a bit more, it still feels weird.

Alexander looks up at me once more before his eyes dart down to their previous view, his phone now forgotten as he throws it onto the bed.

"Hmm?" He murmurs.

"Aren't you paying attention to me?" I almost screech.

"Of course I am babe." Alexander finally says, eyes dragging up to meet mine as he gives me a strained smile.

Striding over to me, he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him from behind as I rest my head against his chest.

I squeal in alarm as Alexander drops one arm from around my waist and down to my butt where he squeezes gently.

My eyes wide, I gasp and hit his arm playfully.

"Your ass looks great babe, trust me." Alexander smirks as he winks at me.

I huff and nudge him away as I fix my dress a bit more,

"Okay, we ready to go?" I question as I look Alexander up and down.

"Yeah I guess," he groans in frustration, "I hate these fancy formal family gathering things." He mumbles as he kisses me on the forehead.

"Well we have to go." I say pointedly.

Alexander nods while making a weird face.

"Cmon then." He says giving my butt a little pat while I laugh in surprise.

--------------
The extravagant mansions loomed over us as Alexander crosses his side of the car and over to mine, opening my door for me.

The stunning mansion was set a little bit back amidst a few sparse pine trees, the huge bay windows with protruding balconies really was a sight to behold especially with the huge gazebo in the backyard which could be seen as we make our way to it around the back.

The gazebo stood tall and proud with fairy lights going around the length of it, making various patterns as they glittered in the moonlight.

"Wow." I whisper as Alexander holds my hand tighter and pushing me nearer to him.

"I thought this was a family thing." I question in confusion as I look at all the people milling about, socializing with glasses of champagne in their hands.