09.

AFTER THE NIGHT OF SLUGHORN'S PARTY, AQUILA TRIED HER BEST to avoid both of her brothers (which was easier said than done for some reason). She was avoiding Sirius because she couldn't look at him without wanting to cry and she was avoiding Regulus because she couldn't look at him without remembering what he said (which in turn, made her look at Sirius and want to cry). All in all, she was a mess.

Eliza did not know what to do. This was the first time she had ever seen her best friend so disoriented. Normally, Aquila was the calm and collected one of the two as she knew how to keep her emotions in check; now, the Black girl looked like she was threatening to burst apart at the seams.

"Aquila?" the blonde girl asked softly as she stood next to the poster bed of her best friend. The dark-haired girl had taken to going directly to classes and nowhere else. She skipped breakfast, lunch and dinner and chose to spend all of her time cuddled into a ball under her covers.

The lump made an indistinguishable noise and Eliza sighed, "Okay, I'm going down to the Great Hall for dinner. You're welcome to join at any time."

Going down to the Great Hall for dinner, Eliza had something much more important than food on her mind. Her best friend was hurt and she was not going to stand for it. She had to get Aquila feeling better. The blonde entered the Hall and made her way to the loudest part of the Gryffindor table, her face set as hard as stone.

"Sirius," she called, standing behind the boy. Sirius, however, paid the girl no mind as he continued with his conversation. Eliza tried a few more times to discreetly grab his attention but she soon grew impatient, "SIRIUS ORION BLACK, THE THIRD!"

The entire Hall fell silent as all eyes snapped to Eliza. Her face was slightly red and her eyes were narrowed, glaring daggers at the Gryffindor boy. She grabbed the boy and pulled him off the bench, proceeding to drag him outside.

"What the hell, Liza? What was that about?" Sirius said as the two left the Hall. He pulled away from her grip and began to rub his wrist. She turned to him, practically shoving him against the wall as she spoke, "You want to know what that was about? Aquila is in our dorm, curled in a ball under her sheets, and she's been that way for the past three days. She hasn't been eating or sleeping and bloody hell, I've been hearing her crying. Aquila has been crying but you're too much of a dick to see that you've broken her."

Sirius returned a glare of his own, "You think I don't know that she's hurting? I know, alright! I just don't know how to fix it."

Eliza pointed a finger in his face, "Well, you better figure out soon or you'll be wishing you never left Grimmauld Place."

i don't even know what that was, 

i have writer's block and omg, this is so terrible and short