Chapter 22

Hermione was sitting in her transfiguration lesson, she hadn't put her hand up at all, which had quickly caught McGonagall's attention. At the end of the lesson, McGonagall called her back.

"Miss Granger?"

"Yes professor?"

"May I speak to you for a moment," the professor said. She knew what was wrong, the whole Bellatrix thing was enough to drive anyone insane. But Hermione wasn't just anyone, and McGonagall wanted to insure the best. It was a couple of weeks before half term, and Her mind was made up. "Miss Granger, I think it would be wise for you to take the rest of this half term off, I will make arrangements with your parents," She offered, not realising who's custody she was now in.

"But professor..."

"Miss Granger, that is all, now please go up to your room and pack your bags, I will see you next half term,"

"Ok professor," Hermione sighed, and walk to her Gryffindor dormitory.

McGonagall had told her to meet her in Dumbledores office in 30 minutes, so she packed her suitcase and got Crookshanks to follow her into the old mans office. She walked in and saw Dumbledore sitting there in his own.

"Professor Dumbledore, I'm sorry, but I really don't understand why I'm here,"

"Your parents have agreed to floo in to collect you, as the hogwarts express only runs when the whole is travelling,"

Floo in? Her parents were muggles, they didn't have a floo network.

"Sir, may I please go to the bathroom?"

"Yes, go ahead," Dumbledore said. Then, a few moments later, Hermiones parents arrived.

"Ooh, haven't been here since 7th year! Remember that Rod?" Bellatrix said, laughing.

"Not now Bellatrix." Dumbledore said. "Hermione is in a very fragile state, she doesn't see you as her parents, so be nice,"

"Hermione? Who's Hermione?" Bellatrix said, looking meanly at Dumbledore. "Oh, I believe your talking about my darling Cordelia, the baby that YOU STOLE from me,"

"Believe me Bellatrix, that is one of my few regrets," Dumbledore admitted. "However, Hermione has turned out to be one of the brightest witches of her age,"

"We'll see about that," Bellatrix muttered.

Hermione stepped back into Dumbledores office and screamed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"Well, I'm here because I am your mother, and he is your father,"

"How are you my mother?" Hermione whispered to herself, but Bellatrix heard.

"Well, you did come out of my womb..." Bellatrix started, before she was interrupted.

Hermione fake gagged. "I'm not coming with you,"

"I afraid you don't have a choice, you see you are in my custody now. In a few weeks, I will be released off all charges, and now I'm just to be watched, but you will come with me,"

"I'm not yours." Hermione said, crossing her arms.

"I believe you are," Bellatrix said proudly, presenting the paperwork showing the grangers signatures.

Hermione started crying again, and to her own surprise, Bellatrix felt a tear fall. Bellatrix didn't know Hermione very well, she didn't know her at all, but she had promised herself to always love her and she wasn't going to break that promise. She quickly wiped her face, and dragged Hermione through the floo network into the Malfoy manor, where she was staying.

"Now Hermione, your room is on the second floor, be down for dinner at 8, and put something on that's nicer than these...Gryffindor robes,"

Hermione whimpered, her fear of this woman still filling her mind. She didn't have anything other than her school robes, she didn't take her own clothes to school other than Pajamas, but wasn't prepared to make more conversation with Bellatrix than when it was absolutely necessary.

Her room was big, with a wooden antique bed on the left, and an antique wardrobe on the right. She opened the enormous wardrobe to reveal about ten beautiful evening gowns, all very intricate and long, a clear statement of her newly found pure blood status. She put her things away and selected a blue one, it was long and very different from what she normally wore.

She walked down the wooden steps, her hands shaking, she was about to dine with the devil. She took a deep breath and entered, relieved the find that she wasn't the only one wearing a ridiculously expensive gown.

"Sit, Hermione," Bellatrix said calmly.

Hermione nodded and sad opposite, it was just her and her mother in the room, the Malfoys and Rodulphus were elsewhere.

"So, tell me something about you?" Bellatrix asked, trying to make the situation less awkward as Muffy brought in plates of food.

"I don't like you," Hermione said bravely.

A little hurt, Bellatrix continued. "Seeing as you are not going to cooperate, I'll tell you something about me. When I was younger, I had a daughter called Cordelia Narcissa Lestrange, and I couldn't be Happier to see her again," Bella said. "Even if the feeling is not mutual,"

"I don't look like you," Hermione said blankly, not quite sure where she was going with that comment.

"No," Bellatrix admitted. "You resemble your father, except from your eyes, their mine,"

Hermione nodded, biting her lip.

"You know I'm not going to hurt you?" Bellatrix said.

"You cursed me."

"You jumped in the way, that was not my fault,"

"You called me a mudblood,"

"I thought you were one, you can't blame me, you did aswell,"

"That wasn't very nice."

"Well, it was deserved."

"It really wasn't,"

"ENOUGH!" Bellatrix said, before calming herself.

A/N

Hope you liked this part! I really enjoy writing these parts, because I think Bellatrix and Hermione are polar opposites and it's fun to mix them. Thanks for reading!