Chapter 6

I got out of the water, just when it began to rain. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "I know that you know that we both feel something when we see one another." He stated. I didn't move but he continued. He walked toward me and sat down on the log next to me.

"You feel like you belong to me, and I the same." As he spoke water streamed down my face not from tears but from the rain. I made a face, not a bad face, just a readable face. He chuckled. "And by the look on your face, you know why." I nodded my head slowly at his comment.

He leaned closer to me, till our noses were almost touching. "I assume your parents told you, and they want your soul mate to be someone within your pack, yet he's not." Caleb said still staring into my eyes and mine into his. "Yes, they feel like I'm not telling them the entire truth, which is true cause I'm not. Packs that hate each other, can never become one." I told him, finally speaking in this conversation.

Water rolled down both our faces. He cracked a smile. "I know you're my soul mate, Melody, and you know I'm yours." were his last words before he crashed his lips onto mine. Fireworks exploding inside my head in every direction. Why does everything romantic have to happen in the rain? He slowly pulled away, breaking our connection. Oh, how I wanted his lips back on mine.

Behind us I heard a howl, we both looked back and spotted a wolf. He looked familiar, oh no, that's one of the wolves from yesterday. "You need to leave, now Mel," Caleb said. I didn't want to leave him. "Go," He said shooting a little bit. "I'll take care of this." Was the last thing Caleb said before he phased. I quickly ran all the way back to the school, not looking back.

I got back in time just for lunch. I saw Lana walking toward the cafeteria. I caught up with her. "Hey," Lana said as I slowed down to her pace. "Hey," I told her. "I saw you leave with Caleb." She said slat out with no emotion at all. "Oh," was all I said. "I told you might want to stay away from him." She said again.

"Look, Lana, I'm sorry. I just can't help it." I told her. "You like him. I get it." was the last thing she said before walking off, away from me. I just lost the only friend I possibly had.

I looked up and turned around to walk the opposite direction but I ran into the queen of the plastic faces. "Oh, look it's the little miss boyfriend stealer." She said.

"Fire of all, Caleb isn't, my boyfriend, so leave me alone," I told her and tried to push past her, but she didn't let me through. "Um, no. I don't think so." She said and soon before I know it, I was on the ground, unconscious.

I woke up in the nurse's office, or what I assume it was anyway. "How are you feeling sweetie?" I hear the voice of my mom. I looked over. "Hurt," I told her. She nodded her head. "Okay, I'll get the nuirse and then we will take you home," she said and then left the room.

We soon got packed into the car and I was finally getting out of that place. "Mom, are we there yet?" I asked as we pulled into the driveway. "Yes, we're here." She said. We walked inside and she helped me onto the couch. "Do you need anything?" She asked. I shook my head no. She nodded and left me to rest.

I soon heard a knock on the door. Who could know where we live? I slowly got up, but Leo comes into the room, in his human form. "I'll get it, you just lay back down." He said.

I nodded my head and laid b ack down on the couch. I saw who walked into the room and froze. "Hey Caleb," Leo said. "Hey, squirt." He told Leo. "Melody is over there," Leo said before running off to who knows where.

Caleb came over to me. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Hurt," I told him. He sat down beside me. "I bet; she did a number on you." He said with a little chuckle. "Thanks, that's what everyone wants to hear after they are beaten up," I told him.