t w o

(A/N)This is a little bit of a filler chapter to get the ball rolling and for critical character and relationship development. Hope y'all enjoy!

 Hope y'all enjoy!

I changed into something less fancy

I changed into something less fancy. If someone was trying to assassinate me, I'd rather keep my presence on the down low.

We decided against taking a public cruiser and instead chose one of the various small ships parked outside to be used at the politicians disposal.

Anakin chose a yellow open-cockpit one, a newer model. He climbed into the drivers seat and I into the passenger seat.

Despite almost killing us three or four times, Anakin delivered us to the temple in one piece

Despite almost killing us three or four times, Anakin delivered us to the temple in one piece. He wasn't a terrible pilot, in fact he was quite good, he was just reckless.

He parked the cruiser and made his way into the large temple, with me following. I'd never been in here and I never really thought about the beautiful design or architectural genius that went into designing it.

I was in awe, obviously Anakin was unaffected, having practically lived here for the past 10 years or so.

He noticed my gawking and smirked, "You're going to run into someone if you aren't careful."
I tore my eyes from the intricate carvings and looked at him, narrowing my eyes.

He simply laughed. It was a beautiful laugh, sincere and full of happiness. It was infectious and caused me to begin laughing with him.

After I began laughing, Anakin stopped and looked at me, still smiling.

"You have a wonderful laugh Verena." he stated with a twinkle in his eyes.

I blushed again.

"Thank you Anakin, yours is quite infectious" I complimented whilst still giggling.

He simply shook his head and laughed with me.

Our session was interrupted by a man calling to Anakin. He looked to where he was and smiled.

"Master Kenobi, nice to see you again."

"Oh Anakin, stop with the formalities." The man joked as he hugged him.

The man released Anakin and looked to me, "This must be Verena."

I smiled and replied, "Yes I'm Verena and you are?" I asked.

"I'm Anakin's old master, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Nice to meet you Master Kenobi."

"You kids and your formalities, please call me Obi-Wan." He laughed.

"Yes si- Obi-Wan" I caught myself.

"So Master, what did you call me here for?"

"The council is debating wether or not they should assign you a padawan."

I didn't know a lot about Jedi but I did know that getting a padawan after just becoming one of the youngest Jedi masters on the council is a huge honor. Anakin looked shocked, and for good reason.

"Master" he finally spoke "I'm honored, truly, but I believe that my loyalty and time should be solely focused on Verena."

At the sound of my name I looked at Anakin and smiled at his thoughtfulness of me. Obi-Wan picked up on it too and smiled with me.

"I'm glad to see you're putting your responsibilities before your ego Anakin" Obi-Wan teased.

"I don't have an ego Master, I don't know what you're talking about." Anakin couldn't keep a smile off his face and he began laughing with his master.

I didn't feel involved enough in the conversation to laugh along with them so I just stayed quiet. They eventually sobered up.

"I will let the council know of your wishes and opinions and I will be in touch within a day or two. It's been nice seeing you again Anakin." He smiled a sad smile at his padawan. He turned his attention to me, "It was nice meeting you Verena."

"The pleasure is all mine Obi-Wan."

And with that he turned back to the direction he came from and walked away from us.

"I honestly don't know why Obi Wan called me down here for that. He could have just asked me over the com link." Anakin stated, with a puzzled look on his face.

"He misses you...and for good reason too." I tried to explain.

"And what reason would that be?" He smirked.

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes, "You're his padawan, his child almost and you're fun to be around." I admitted shrugging my shoulders to seem nonchalant.

My shrug didn't work like I intended and his smirk deepened.

"Fun to be around?"

"Well yes, you're quite nice and funny" I blushed.

"I'm glad you don't hate me anymore"

"I never hated you Anakin, just the idea of having a babysitter with a glow stick." I teased.

"I am not your babysitter and this is not a glow stick. This will dismember you in 2 seconds."

"Whatever you say" I said walking away from him so he wouldn't see my grin. He dashed after me complaining about my comment.