New Recruit

I grinned and sauntered out of my apartment back tot the place where I left the scratched car. I pretended to look like a curious citizen but I knew they would be coming to investigate. I smiled inwardly when I saw a black van pull up out of the corner of my eye. "Miss did you see the person that left this car here" an agent walked up.

"No I just saw the scratches and got curious" I lied. The mans eyes narrowed.

"How can we trust you" he asked.

"What do you mean why are you interested in this car sir" I sighed. SHIELD was so untrusting.

"This is my car it was stolen I'm an agent from SHIELD we are trying to find the person who stole it" he replied.

"Oh I've heard about SHIELD so what's with the person who took it she must have had a reason or not she could be a serial killer for all I know. I'm pretty clueless right now" I shrugged.

"Her name is Celia Marie Cole do you know her" he asked.

"Celia why did you have her what did she do she's perfectly innocent I've known her for ten ye-" I started to rant like I was her friend but he cut me off.

"Look miss have you seen her do you know where she might be" he asked.

"I have a few ideas but why do you want her she's really a good person" I tilted my head in fake curiosity.

"Do you mind if we take you back to base and talk about this" he asked.

"Um sure I guess but only if I get some answers" I snapped.

"You will get your answers soon enough" he promised. "I also want your name eventually your real name I know people hide behind fake names" I said smugly. I climbed into the black van after him and did a mental happy dance my plan was working. "So your a secret agent? how exactly do you become a secret agent anyways?" I asked while looking out the window.

"I got recruited personally but others can apply and prove themselves" he shrugged.

"How do you apply"

"if you want to join SHIELD answer all the questions on your friend truthfully and I will personally test you" he said exasperated.

"Cool thanks I'm Kat by the way" I smiled at him.

"My real name is Phil" he smiled back. We talked for a few more minutes but then he pulled into a coffee shop parking lot.

"Why?" I looked around.

"Just wait" he led me inside and up to the counter.

"Ill have a pumpkin mocha with extra whip cream" he then tipped the lady exactly 5 dollars and 2 cents.

"That's exact and what you ordered is that even on the venue" I said. He gave me a just wait look. The lady handed him his mocha  Then hit a button under the counter. She smiled and led us to the back.

"Thank you" Phil nodded to the lady. She left then he led me to the opposite wall. He tapped it 3 times. A little eye scanner popped put and scanned his eye. Then the door slid right open.

"This is so cool" I marveled when the door opened to reveal and elevator.

"I invented this secret entrance" he beamed and handed me the drink.

"Thanks and you did a great job" I sipped the drink. Then the elevator dinged and opened up to a hallway. It was lit pretty well not creepy and dark so that was good. A few agents walked down it not too crowded. Phil led me down the hallway and into a room. The room only had a table and two chairs a mirror probably one way glass. A few cameras in the corner and a glass of water on the table.

"Please sit" Phil gestured to one of the chairs. I sat down.

"So I'm gonna guess I'm being interrogated aren't I?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I wouldn't call it interrogating more like friendly conversing" Phil smirked sitting down across from me.

"Okay then what do you want to know. But Celia wouldn't hurt a fly she's a good person" I said. "Did you know your friend Celia was I don't know different" Phil folded his hands on the table.

"Yeah I knew I mean the girl always wore headbands, thick belts, and gloves. I thought she was making a fashion statement at first and I thought it looked good so I started doing it too. But she never let me do her hair she never took the gloves off ever. She said she had a skin condition but I could tell she was lying and what girl doesn't let her best friend do her hair!?!? She was always an awesome gymnast and fighter. We took all sorts of gymnastics and fighting classes together. I never knew why she said she wanted to be prepared incase someone tried to kidnap her or something. She hates water absolutely hates it never knew why. But I figured it out he agility the headbands the fighting classes. She is different definitely she has cat like features and she was running from you guys. I guess you didn't catch her she's probably skipped town. I know where she might have gone I can help you if your promise not to hurt her just keep tabs on her let her live her life. And if I ace my agent test I can keep tabs on her." I tap my fingers on the table. "Oh and my full name is Kat Ruby Coleson."

"I have to run this over with the director in the meantime agent Romanoff will test you" he stood up and walked out. But before he left he turned "whats with the vampire fangs" he asked.

"I had an obsession with vampires so I wasted a ton of money to get my teeth like this" I sighed. He nodded and left. I barely heard some one step in but I whipped around and took defense position. The lady standing there was a red head.

"Guess I'll test you now" she launched herself at me. I quickly dodged her and swung a punch at her face. She grabbed my arm and twisted it. I wasted no time I grabbed her wrist and squeezed it till she let go. She tried to kick me but I grabbed her leg and flipped her. She kicked my ankle and I fell over. She pinned my arms but I used my legs and shoved her off. We went like this for a few minutes more till she managed to pin me. "You are a good fighter you'll me a great new recruit" she smiled helping me up. "I'm Natasha Romanoff" she held out her hand.

"Kat Coleson" I smiled and shook her hand.

"Well agent Coleson welcome to SHIELD" she said. "Thank you" I smiled. My plan was in full swing it was ingenious. I would hide right under SHIELDs nose. They will never find out. "Interesting style you have there headband, gloves, and a thick ass belt you dress like that cat girl we are looking for" Natasha raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah Celia shes my best friend I was brought here for questioning on her I copied her sense of style" I shrugged.

"Oh makes sense" Natasha nodded.

"Welcome to SHIELD agent Coleson" a tall black man in a trench coat with and eye patch walked in.

"I'm Nick Fury we could use your skills and your information I agree to your deal" he held out his hand.

"Alright" I shook his hand.

"Agent Romanoff lead her to her quarters" Fury nodded at Natasha then walked away.

"Wait if I was half cat I would hide in Las Vegas anything goes there!" I shouted to Fury.

"Thank you" Fury yelled before disappearing from sight. Natasha led me through a maze of hallways till opening a door.

"Your room settle in set the alarm clock for 6:30am your new uniform is in the closet you are to wear it everyday you can still wear your accessories tomorrow you will be allowed to retrieve some things from your home" she smiled then walked away. I nodded and took in the sight of my new room. It was very colorless ill fix that. Their was a queen bed a tv and a bathroom with a tub/shower and a walk in closet. Their were 7 black catsuits 2 utility belts assorted hair items and black gloves.

"Cool I don't have to get belts gloves or head bands o-" I gasped on the bedside table their were four pistols and five knives. "Cool" I smiled maybe this wasnt going to be too bad.