Six

Hazeh did not breathe for, what seemed to her, eternity. There was someone inside the mirror, he was talking and waving to her. Slowly, she stepped back, scared that he would do something to her if she did one wrong move.

"Please, don't leave just yet!" The boy's smile wavers. "Please don't be scared of me, I'm harmless, I swear!"

She crept backwards towards the small door she came from, trying to not think about what was happening.

"I've never hurt anyone, I would never inflict pain on a girl." He says quickly, trying to persuade this new person to stay. "I haven't talked to anyone in years, please don't leave!"

Quickly, Hazeh ran out of the room and slammed the door shut, pushed her bed to block it and fell to her knees.

"I am going mad." She whispered to herself. "I am completely mad."

Looking towards the small door she realised she was home alone, she was alone with the boy.

"He was quite good looking for someone stuck in a mirror for years.." Hazeh mumbled. "What am I saying? If he is real, isn't he a ghost or something? This house is haunted after all."

She got up and stood over her bed watching the small door.

"He looked Eastern Asian, he looked too pale to be from the Philippines and he didn't have the facial structure of the Chinese or Japanese, maybe he's Vietnamese?" Hazeh guessed. "Why was he wearing such an expensive looking suit? Who even wears suits anymore unless they have to?"

What Hazeh had not realised was that she was only speaking to herself about the boy so she couldn't go in the room again, her curiosity will become the murderer of her one day.

"I can't believe I'm actually curious of that boy, he could be a demon for all I know and yet here I am thinking how handsome he is!" She threw herself onto the bed. "If he's really not real and I'm just going mad, then there is no harm in talking to him, right? He's just my unstable brains' imagination, he's not physical so he can't hurt me."

Nodding to herself she sat on her bed cross legged her eyes wandered towards the windowsill, what happened there was definitely not her imagination, what if this is the same?

"There's only one way to find out." Hazeh said rolling off the bed and pulling it out of the way. "I'll just have to talk to him."

Opening the door again to darkness she softly crawled in and stood, waiting for the mysterious light to envelope her surroundings, before long it did just that.

"Are you going to run off again?" Hazeh turned around to find that the boy had switched mirrors and was now sitting cross legged reading what looked like manga. "I'd rather you not."

"I'm not going to run off," Hazeh said walking to the mirror and sitting down cross legged opposite the boy. "It was a bit of a shock, you know, you being inside a mirror."

"Ah, yes, well, that's a long story." He put down his book and looked towards Hazeh. "I'm glad you want to be my friend!"

"Let's introduce ourselves before we jump to things." Hazeh stammered, slightly taken back by his friendliness. "I'm not your friend, I'm your acquaintance."

"Oh, my name is Jimin Park and I'm Korean, I was twenty one years old before I got trapped in here and I like ramen and-"

"My name is Hazeh, I'm a Syrian refugee of sorts and I am a Muslim. I am eighteen years old I, live here with my parents, a random cat and I guess you as well." Hazeh interrupted, annoyed at his continuous talking. "To most people I'm a terrorist and my people are not humans suddenly."