Chapter 62: The fallen hero

Iroh's P.O.V

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure! Go ahead big bro!"

"Have you ever realized that your fiancée looks similar to Saira?"

"No?", Lu Ten said, avoiding my eyes.

"Lu Ten? Did you choose Maira because she looks like my wife?"

Lu Ten bit his lip and looked at me, unsure whether to answer me or not.

"Okay. Yes you are right. But I had no other choice!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You always get the beautiful women and Saira is breathtaking, lovely and brave. I was jealous that you got yourself such an awesome woman!"

"That's why you decided to marry someone who is like my wife?"

"Ye-es. Iroh everybody loves Saira. I do, mother and father do, Medora does, the Fire Nation does, the whole world loves and adores her. I wanted someone who was just like her."

"I hope you do realize that women hate to be compared to others. Your fiancée is not like Saira, Lu Ten. She just looks similar to her. And one more thing, Lu Ten, stop living in our shadow. You are not me and your fiancée is not my wife. Think about that."

"Can you help me? I mean...how did you know that Saira was the right one?"

I sat next to my brother and looked straight to the wall. Where should I start?

"When I first met Saira, I had a different feeling about her. You know she treated me differently although she didn't know who I really was. She changed my life and many views. My life became more lively when I met her she always managed to do something she wasn't supposed to. Saira was always very open minded, stubborn but also loving and caring. Later during our break up, I kept thinking. I asked myself if she would be a good mother to my children, a good wife who cared about my parents and family, a good Fire Lady, the woman, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. And all my answers were yes."

"I've never thought like this."

"But you should. It's still not too late. Think about it.", I said and raised. At the doorway, I found Saira leaning on it with crossed arms and a smile.

"General Asuma is on the phone...he wants to talk to you."

I nodded and pecked her lips when I went to the other room. As I picked up the phone, the conversation between General Asuma and me got serious. It was about the two Watertribes. They were well...very tensed.

"Are you ready darling?", Saira asked, looking up to me.

"Yes."

I was nervous because this was my first State Banquet, I organized alone with my wife. Looking at Saira, I knew she was nervous too. She wore a nice dress, that covered her small bump and she looked just flawless as always.

 She wore a nice dress, that covered her small bump and she looked just flawless as always