23. baby steps

S O R E N

S O R E N

The little girl with golden hair planted her small butt on my shoe and gripped onto my leg tightly. I stopped my training and stared down to meet bright green eyes looking up at me.

"Um, F-Fleck," I stuttered unsure how to react, "There's a little human on my leg."

She giggled and smiled at me, her two front teeth missing.

Fleck walked towards me slowly and stared down at the girl with pride, "That would be meh first granddaughter."

"You took her to a place where people beat other humans up?" I said in shock, un-strapping my gloves, I put them on the ground and watched as she leaned over and grabbed one. Her small hands only being able to hold one glove, I picked her up and held her to my chest.

"Hey beautiful." I smiled and watched as she
put a hand on my naked chest before withdrawing quickly, making a distasteful expression.

Sweat cover my body and I realized probably her too, holding her a pace out from my chest. I looked at Fleck. Well, I looked where Fleck had been.

She went for my sweaty hair and pulled it on it, I laughed softly, "What's your name?"

"Beer-twhis." She grinned proudly, putting both hands inside the glove.

"Beatrice?" I placed her on the ground and squatted down to her level, "What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

I pulled the glove away from her and took her hand in mine, "Want to learn how to punch?"

She nodded, her golden locks flowing over cheeks as she pouted in concentration. I laughed and took her fingers, making them into a fist.

"Now, make sure the thumb is always out, not tucked away." She nodded seriously and I couldn't help but smile, "You need to hit that red bag, but keep your wrists straight. You think you can do that—"

She jumped, trying to hit the bag that was built for my height and above. She being only 2' and I being 6'2" was no help for anyone. Not knowing what took over me I picked her up and placed her on my shoulders, she punched her little heart out.

"Soren." Flecks voice laughed in my ear, "Please tell meh yer soft spot ain't children?"

I ignored him which caused him to fall into a fit of laughter.

"You'd make eh great dad, kid." He wiped a tear away from his eyes, taking Beatrice off my shoulders before he winked, "Stay safe."