~Chapter 9-Hero with a broom~

Everything felt useless after crying in front of your new friends. So avoiding eye contact with everyone but Sans, you ask him to take you home - he accepted.

You sit in front of May's front door, staring at the door knob but unable to grab onto the handle and open the door. A part of you didn't want to. You look back at Sans, the dark circles under your eyes making him cringe on the inside. To be honest, you looked like a wreck. But he didn't judge you for it.

"I'm scared. Is that bad?" You blink, prying your eyes away and looking down at the ground.

"What are you scared of?" Sans asks with a tilt of his head.

"I have no reason. I'm just scared." You say with a monotone expression, looking back up at Sans with dull eyes.

He sighs, patting your head lovingly. You don't react, not feeling the love in his touch. Most girls would instantly click into an 'all better' state. All you felt was the cold of his skeletal hand. You reach out and grab onto the door handle, swiftly opening the front door. When you see the scene in the living room, you suck in a sharp breath, grabbing onto Sans' hand and squeezing.

Your worst fear at the moment just came to life from what you were seeing happen right in front of you.

May was toppled over, hanging onto her stomach and bleeding from her mouth. Jay stood above her, hands clenched into tight fists. She glares up at him with icy eyes, grabbing a piece of broken glass on the floor and throwing it at him. Jay swings and punches her right in the jaw, a large and painful snap coming after. Jay waves his hand around, knuckles starting to bleed and fingers starting to bruise.

You open your mouth to say something but Sans is quick to react and clamps a hand over your mouth, keeping you quiet.

"I'll take care of it," he whispers in your ear.

Fearing for May's life, you wished Sans would just hurry up and save her before something really bad happens. You knew Jay was a total jerk, but you didn't know he would beat the living heck out of his own girlfriend. That only showed how he is a coward. He's been one since the first time you met him.

"Don't freak out at what I'm about to do. Just trust me." Sans pats your shoulder.

He lets go of your mouth and walks into the house, trying not to step on the shattered glass and broken pieces of furniture. He lifts up a hand covered in blue magic, his smile widening. Next thing you know, Jay is surrounded with dark blue magic and is being lifted off the floor. Sans yanks up his hand into the air and Jay goes smashing into the ceiling. Sans' blue hand fades away back into white and so does Jay's body. He hits the floor, unconscious.

Sans looks back to you, giving a thumbs up. You quickly roll yourself into the torn apart house and over to May, wondering if her jaw had been broken.

"O-oh my gosh! Are you okay?!" You ask her, grabbing her forearm and helping her up.

She grunts at the slight pain, wiping away the blood from her mouth on the bottom of her ripped up shirt. She grabs her jaw, snapping it to the side.

"Yeah, I'm okay. A bit bruised, but nothing I can't handle." She mumbles, rubbing her neck.

"What happened?" Sans asks, stepping over Jay's limp body.

She grabs the side of her head, looking around at the house through her long, raven black bangs, lips curled into a victorious smile. Yeah, broken vases scattered the floor and the couch had officially been ripped apart piece by piece, but she couldn't help but she was still alive. That's all that mattered to her. Well, that and her worry for you.

"I caught him texting his girlfriend." She hisses at his sleeping figure, venom coating her words.

"I confronted him about it and all heck broke loose. Let's just say, I wasn't even able to get a good swing at him. It was like it wasn't him anymore. But that's okay. He was a prick anyway." She laughs softly.

You look over to Sans, holding out your arms and giving the signal that you wanted to give him a thank you hug. With a shrug of his shoulders, he gives you a big, but short hug. May puts a shaking hand on Sans' shoulder, nodding her head.

"Thank you. Whatever you did just now, I won't question it."

She turns her gaze over to you and she reaches out and pinches your cheek, immediately stumbling towards the stairs after.

"I'm going to be cleaning myself up," her eyes wonder over to the mess. "Meh. I'll get it later." She waves her hand, slowly making her way upstairs.

"Oh! And we'll take care of that bastard later. Make sure that if he wakes up, slam him back into the ceiling." She gives a innocent smile, making her way up the rest of the stairs.

You look up to where Jay was smashed into the ceiling, tiny spots of blood coating the spot where his head was slammed. Your eyes cast down to his body, looking at the back of his head to see blood running down the side of his head and down the side of his face.

"So, you're like some kind of super hero?" You laugh at Sans.

"Yep." He pops the 'p', giving you a lazy grin.

You clasp your hands together at the side of your head, eyes twinkling. Sans looks around, grabbing the neck of his shirt and pulling, feeling uncomfortable with your eyes on him.

"My hero deserves a reward!" You exclaim.

"And I have just the thing!" You cheer, rolling over to the extra closet in the house.

You open the creaky door, lacing your slims fingers around a broom handle and pulling it out, tossing it over to Sans who seemed to know what was going on.

"You can help me clean the house!"

"Oh joy. Work. So much fun." He retorts back in a snappy manner.

"I know right?" You grin from ear to ear.

He groans, tossing his head down and starting to sweep up the broken glass shards, grumbling under his breath at how he was only doing it because he liked you.

"At least it's worth it..." He whispers to himself.