6.

oh well i hope you feel better. if you're still not feeling well on monday i have lunch right before apes i'd be happy to get you something.  Jonas had waited for a response, but nothing ever came. He knew that the most logical answer was that Lennen had fallen asleep, as it was pretty late, but his mind couldn't help but think of all the horrible possibilities that could come from sending that text. Was he being too straight forward? Could Lennen tell that Jonas has feelings for her? Was it too soon in their friendship to be offering something like this? Lennen must have thought he was some sort of freak. Jonas had never acted this way around a girl before, he was usually confident, flirtatious, easy-going, but there was something different about Lennen. She wasn't just any other girl. Lennen had this quality that he couldn't describe, but it consistently left him thinking of her. 

When Lennen woke up the following morning, her eyes skimmed over her notifactions when she grabbed her phone off her nightstand. Ignoring mostly all of them, but the one that had caught her attention. It was a text from Jonas from last night, apparently she fell asleep before he could send his response. Her eyes were fixed to the screen, unable to tear away, rereading Jonas' text. What did this mean? The two weren't that great of friends and she doesn't understand as to why Jonas would offer to do something like this. She apprectiated the gesture, but she definitely found it a little odd. She decided to not respond, unsure of what to say to him. 

She walked downstairs to find her mother, father, and younger brother, Oliver, sat around the table eating their normal Sunday breakfast. Sunday breakfast didn't happen often since both her parents usually worked every day of the week. "Good morning, darling," Joyce greets her daughter when she sits next to Oliver, immediately grabbing food to put on her plate. 

"Good morning, mum," Lennen responds. She was grateful that she was able to spend her morning with her family because everyone in the family had always been extremely busy. Sunday breakfast really only happened once a month, if they were lucky. Joyce was a part-time nurse, and even though she wasn't supposed to work all seven days, she would constantly get paged, meaning that she would drop everything and rush to the hospital. When her father wasn't coaching high school soccer, he was actually running his own business with a family friend, which allowed the two families to travel often. When soccer season was going, he tried to avoid traveling as much as he could, but that didn't always work out. That left Lennen to drop Oliver off at school and anywhere else he needed.

"Are all your college apps sent in? I know the deadline is soon," Graham asks. He was so excited for his daughter to take the next step in her life, knowing she was going to excel in college. 

"Yeah, I sent the last one in last night. I'm so happy to finally be done with all of them, but I think now I'm just going to worry about whether or not I'm going to be accepted until I finally hear back from them." Even with Lennen's academic history, she still feared of being rejected from college. She worked extremely hard throughout her entire school career, and she really was just hoping to be accepted into at least one of the colleges she just finished applying to. 

"I really don't think you need to worry. You're a genius," Oliver finally chimes in, after inhaling five pieces of bacon. "Besides, you already stress enough as it is. You should really relax sometimes." Lennen rolled her eyes at her little brother, knowing that he would be this stressed his senior year as well, but for now he was only a freshman. 

"Just wait until you're a senior, Oliver. Freshman year is nothing compared to your years to come," Lennen tells him. She remembers how much simpler freshman year was compared to junior or senior year. Those two years are what really mattered the most and usually have you the most busy. Lennen barely had a social life her junior year, she wasn't sure how she even managed to keep her friends around. 

"Speaking of, do you have any homework? I know you were working on it before you left last night." Joyce was always making sure her kids kept up with their homework, as it always helped your grade to have your homework done. 

"I was planning on finishing it after breakfast," Lennen responds. She was lucky to have completed most of it yesterday before the party, but she still had some work to do. When breakfast was over, Lennen went back to her room, and got started on her AP Government homework. 

It wasn't the most exciting way to spend her Sunday afternoon, but she knew what she was getting herself into when she signed up for her four AP classes. She had to put in the work and power through all the boring notes and study sessions.