CHAPTER 12 "Banishment"

A spell of banishment will banish a person or entity from your presence.
If miscast these spells will banish you from their presence. What the difference is is quite simple. Assume you are going to a restaurant, the banished person will not be able to go.

What happens is that if the spell is miscast, you will be the one unable to go.

Banishment spells when used on people often isolate the person, as they are no longer able to be around you, or anyone else you are around.

INGREDIENTS:
Black candle
Dark bowl filled with water

DESCRIPTION:
To banish negativity or unwanted energy.

SPELL CASTING:
Unlike most of the spells in this book, in this one you wait until the end to light the candle. This spell is best performed on the night of the dark moon, but if the matter is urgent, it can be done at any time. If possible, cast the spell in a mostly darkened room and undisturbed silence. Say it with as much focus and will as you can muster.
For this spell it would be best to cast a circle first. While speaking the spell, concentrate on sending anything you wish to banish into the bowl of water. When you are done, throw away your water and cleanse the bowl before using it again.

"Banish now with spell and will
Banish now with spirit's grace
Banish now with magick's power
All that's wrong and out of place"

Now you do not have to follow everything that is written here. Change it to what you're most comfortable with.

BASIC BANISHING SPELL

INSTRUCTIONS:
Light the black candle. Write down the name of the person you want to banish on the paper, visualising them as you do. Imagine a door and open it, then imagine them walking through it (and away from you). Shut the door behind them and lock it.

Hold the paper in the flame and say this: "With this flame, I burn [name of person you wish to banish] from my life, and harm it none, so mote it be."

Repeat these words three times. When you're unable to hold the burning paper without being burnt, put it in the fireproof dish to burn.

When there're only ashes, meditate, visualising the person leaving your life and not coming back. Try not to think ill thoughts of them.

After meditating for a while, snuff out the candle and, whilst the wax is still warm but not too hot, press the ashes of the burnt paper into the candle until there're no more left. Make sure the wick is cool before you wrap the candle in the black paper and tie it shut with the string. Tie the small bell to the end of the string: this will help purify the air and the candle when it rings, hopefully making sure that no harm comes to the person you wish to banish by accident.

You can now dispose of your wrapped up candle. You can use the trowel to bury it far away from your house, or you can throw it into a river or the ocean. You can also burn it in a bonfire, but be sure to discard the ashes away from you.

-NOTE-
Please be careful. Fire is dangerous. You don't need me to remind you, but please be careful with the flames and hot wax.
Try not to think ill of the person you wish to banish as it may cause harm to them or backfire and cause harm to you.
The best time to do this spell is during a new moon and at sunset.

-TIP-
When discarding your candle, choose the method you feel is more powerful. Some people think fire is more powerful because it's a furious force, but I think discarding it in water is more powerful because it can carry it far away from you, and others believe discarding it via the earth is more powerful because it's a grounding force.

BANISHING AN EVIL SPIRIT
If you find yourself being attacked or otherwise influenced by an otherworldly spirit or entity, you must seek protection. This is a three-stage process to rid yourself of the unwanted beings and protect yourself.

1. Protection

If you can, acquire one or more of the following gemstones:

Black Tourmaline
Agate
Bloodstone
Emerald
Labradorite
Black Onyx
Peridot
Emerald
These are crystals that protect you from harmful spirits and psychic intrusion. Black Tourmaline may be the most effective, but any of them would work. If you can find orgonite containing one of these stones, that would be even more effective.

The next step will be to surround yourself with a shield of protective light. This comes from within, and you can conjure it up yourself through meditation.

Begin each day with sitting down in a quiet space for five minutes, visualising a bright bubble of light around you, reaching about an arm's length away from your body. Make it any colour you feel comfortable with.

Repeat the following words: "I surround myself with a shield of protection. I am safe within my space." Feel the light emanating from you, growing brighter with each deep breath. It is strong and controlled, vibrating at a high frequency. No evil spirit can penetrate this force field.

Finally, ask your spirit guides, guardian angels and the God and Goddess to protect you.

2. Cleansing (cleanse yourself and your surroundings of the spirit)

You will then need to cleanse the space where you sense the negative intrusion. If it follows you around, use these methods around your body.

If you can, find some Palo Santo (available for a few dollars on Etsy or eBay) - it is a holy wood from the Amazon burned by Shamans to drive out evil spirits and unwanted energies. Otherwise you can use sage, sandalwood or frankincense. Sprinkle sea salt around the area. Say words like the following, over and over as you cleanse your space:

"Any unwanted spirits and entities, please leave now.
Any evil or negative energies or presences, please leave this space.
You don't belong here. I am sending you home.
Go back whence you came. Please leave NOW.
Only light and healing energy is allowed in this room.
Thank you."

Repeat these or similar words until you feel satisfied.