EB 9: Where He Wants To See Her

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2016 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - December 16, 2016  

As always, press the star button to vote for these chapters if you're enjoying, and give me a follow on wattpad to stay up to date on new updates! <3 

Happy Reading! xo

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

T R E N T

:: Chapter (09) ::  Where he wants to see her

My mom demands I come home for the weekend.

One excruciating week of Uni later – two hot hookups, another round with Lance Campa and one unfortunate meeting in the Coach's office – I am sitting behind the wheel of my SUV, parked in the driveway of my old house, wondering if I can come up with a last-minute excuse to escape this family dinner.

Family dinner being my mom, her boyfriend Darrell and I. No Natalie. Just us three.

The truth is I miss my crazy lunatic mother. I haven't seen her in over a month and it's not from lack of trying on her part. I just don't like coming home to her and Darrell acting all lovey-dovey.

I like Darrell Winstead. He's my mom's boyfriend of two years and her ex-under boss. He treats her right and she hasn't cried once since getting with him. Truth is, he treats Natalie and I the same way. He's been more of a father figure than my own shit of a father has been.

That's why I like him. That and the fact that he's kept the two women who mean the world to me – my mom and my sister – happy. They're completely enamored by him and I'm okay with it.

What I'm not okay with is the happiness that my mom and Darrell exude. Lately I've been in a pissy mood and happy people piss me off because I'm never fvcking happy. It's a shitty thought to have but it's drilled inside of me and it ain't leaving any time soon.

My mom spots me from the second story, through the large bay window. Her face lights up and she gives me the sweetest smile I've ever seen as she waves to me frantically.

Something in my gut twists. I miss her. I miss coming home and I miss home cooked meals.

I push my aviators higher up the bridge of my nose and grab my duffel bag as I step out of my car.

My mom is a bundle of energy, buzzing at the entrance of the house. Darrell in his glory - tailored suit and oxford shoes and all - stands proudly by my mom's side, his arm curved around her waist. He chin-tips and...that's pride gleaming in his eyes.

I swallow a little roughly as I cross the threshold. Mom's in front of me in three steps and I'm engulfed in her embrace. "Trenton!"

"Mom." I wrap my arms around her petite frame and hug her back, letting her floral perfume evade my senses for a moment. I'm reminded of the past, how that scent has always comforted me and how it's one of the constant in my life. Something that hasn't changed since I was a little boy. "I've missed you."

She sniffs a little bit and I feel like a jackass when I see the glassy quality of her eyes. I should have come home earlier.

My mom reels back, a watery smile pasted to her mouth...before reaching back and slapping me across my left cheek. "That's for not calling me."