Chapter Three

Waking up in the morning was a different story. Queenie was cooking up a stack of flapjacks for her little sister. She knew Persephone was going to talk to Credence again, it was obvious. Persephone smiled and got dressed, humming a simple tune. She walked out and smiled at her sister, "Morning, Queenie."
"Morning, Peony!" she said joyfully, preparing a plate for her little sister. A bottle of maple syrup floated over and placed it's self on the table.
"Is Teenie at work already?" she asked and started to dig into her flapjacks.
The red head nodded and sat in the seat across from her, crossing her legs and starting to eat her share.
"You're gonna talk to that No-Maj again," she stated and smiled.
Persephone blushed slightly, "Yes, is there anything wrong with that?" she asked and let out a little giggle.
"I just hope that you'll be careful, don't want the aurors to catch you," Queenie said and smiled mischievously. She always encouraged her baby sister to follow her heart, she envied Persephone's freedom and spirit. Maybe one day she'd stray away from her desk job and do what she loved most. Cooking and baking. But, that was a dream for another day.
"He has an interesting name," Queenie commented.
Persephone smiled and nodded, "Yeah, it's lovely though."
There was a comforting silence before Queenie interrupted it with her soft and fairy-like voice, "Don't fall in love with him, you know the rules," she said sadly. It was a stupid rule, No-Maj's and magic folk couldn't get married or fall in love. But, Queenie doubted that Persephone would follow the well known rule.
Persephone nodded, "I know, I was reminded almost everyday Queenie."
"I'm just sayin'" Queenie smiled at her sister and they finished the rest of their breakfast in silence.
Afterwards, Persephone made a mental plan as she brushed on some makeup. She finished with cherry lipstick and then was on her way to find Credence. He told her that he would either be on the corner where they first met or on the bank's steps.
Persephone apparated to the street where they met and there was no sign of him, so off to the bank she went.
-
There, she heard an angry woman yelling. Her words about the wizarding world angered Persephone.
"Join us!" Mary Lou yelled out, "Join us in our fight against the Second Salemers that threaten our existence."
Credence instantly recognized Persephone and smiled slightly, but kept his usual guarded stature.
Persephone glared at the woman, "That's not true!" she yelled out when Mary Lou said something about wizards wanting to kill No-Majs.
"Pardon me?" Mary Lou asked, an evil look in her eyes. She instantly turned to look for the voice that called her out and her large crowd parted to reveal the short girl with cherry lips.
"T-That's not true," she said, "what you're saying about those wizard folk."
Mary Lou had a creepy smile on as she walked down the steps and placed herself in front of Persephone.
"How old are you young lady?" she asked, her eyes frozen and unblinking.
"T-That's none of your business, ma'am..." Persephone said, staring down at the gray concrete.
Mary Lou was quiet for a moment before smiling even wider, "I hope you see the truth," she said and reclaimed her place at the top of the steps.
Credence looked down at Persephone sadly and apologetically as Mary Lou finished up her little rally. She left, as did the crowd, but Credence stayed around to speak to Persephone.
"I'm sorry," he said lowly, looking around suspiciously.
Persephone smiled slightly, still slightly shaken up; "I'm fine," she said gently.
He looked down at her, "You're not," he said gently and enveloped her into a gently but caring hug.

-

A/N: So I'm thinking of setting up a schedule that will be easier on you guys so every Friday/Saturday, I will update. Thanks so much for almost 100 reads. <3 The Small Teaspoon