Chapter 26 ~ The doctor

Picture of Ethan to the left and the pack doctor (Justin) to the right ;P

__________________________________________

"Atchooo!"

I held my arm up in front of my face and immediately grimaced at the snot that landed on my shirt. Niiiice.

"Bless you." Ethan said from the driver's seat and I shot him a tired glance.

"Why am I the only one catching a cold?" I whined and I could see Ethan smile sympathetically in my direction.

"Sorry baby, but werewolves have a better immune system than humans. I don't get sick that often." He answered and I couldn't help but pout at the unfairness of it all. Why did I think that sleeping with the window open would be a good idea? Now I had this awful cold and I just wanted to yell at someone.

We were on our way back to Ethan's house after him having promised my mother to bring me back once in a while to see her. She didn't seem bothered by the fact that my boyfriend literally told her that I would be staying at his house from now on and I was still a bit shocked at how easy it had been for him to win her over.

"So... your brothers were nice." Ethan suddenly said and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"What part of those stupid blockheads are 'nice'? Please tell me because I can't see it." I huffed, immediately feeling my nose get blocked by snot again. Marvelous...

"I guess that's how you'd feel when you have siblings but to me, who has never had any, they seem amazing. You don't know how many times I've wished for someone to talk to and whine about. I have friends to talk to but it just isn't the same you know." Ethan said, glancing over at me before he returned his gaze to the road ahead.

I stayed silent.

I guess I had never even thought about how a life without my siblings would be like. In a way I had always taken them for granted. Lionel was there before I came into this world and Sky came a few years after, stealing all the attention. I had never reflected on a life without them. 

At times they had driven me crazy and just as many times they had made me laugh until my sides hurt from lack of air. At times they'd made me cry but at the end of the day they were still my siblings and no matter how angry we could be at each other we would always be there for each other.

I guess not everybody had the privilege to know how it felt to have siblings.

"You have me Ethan..." I suddenly heard myself say and when I turned my head to look at the man beside me I could see him already glancing at me from the corner of his eye. He smiled.

"And I thank the moon godess for that every second of the day." He answered.

[A few hours later, back at Ethan's place]

"Atchoo...! Atchoo...! Aghh God dammit!" I growled, trying my best to wipe away the tears gathering in my eyes. Now my eyes were watering from simply walking into a room with lights in it.

I blindly trudged over to the couch and slipped down to sit close to my mate who immediately opened his arms to gather me into a tight hug. I was sulking but Ethan didn't seem to mind. Maybe he just liked that we were pressed so close together?

"You're much more easy to cuddle with when you're sick Matty. I guess it's because you actually invite it..." He suddenly said and it felt like he had just read my mind. I huffed but snuggled in closer so I could use his shoulder as a pillow.