SonicXKnuckles Blank Talk

"Advice?" Knuckles spat. "I don't have advice. Why would I know anything about cars?"
Sonic tapped his foot. A common occurrence. He sighed, desperately digging for anything that could pick the conversation back up.
"I don't know, Knux. I just figured." He lied.
"I sit and watch my island all day. I don't even know how to drive." Knuckles was nearly at a loss for words.
Sonic brushed off his belly and walked over to the red guardian. Knuckles was sitting on the stone steps leading up to the Master Emerald. Sonic sat down, making Knuckles huff and scootch over.
"Any advice on...shoes?" Sonic asked.
"You make your own shoes." Knuckles threw back.
"Colors?" Sonic asked.
Knuckles shook his head and leaned back. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
The cool air of the island chilled his lungs. Knuckles could feel the anxiety in Sonic's movements. He didn't open his eyes.
"It's fine if you just wanna talk." Knuckles blurted.
Sonic tensed. He swam through his mind for a topic. Knuckles intervened.
"You can just say tou love me."
Sonic chuckled and punched the echidna.
"What's next? Should I start calling you 'babe', Knux?"
The two laughed alongside the master emerald. It glowed with a firey passion that could last forever.