Chapter 3. (s)

Sanyukta

When I walk towards the door I heard his footsteps closely behind me and soon his footsteps fasten so he can match the pace with me. I know I am walking too fast because, right now, my walking pace is similar to pace of my heart, which is high.

"Where is granny, isn't she is coming with us." I asked him to avoid any awkward silence when we reached near the car. "Nope, she is coming directly from the office and she already on her way." He chipped as we get into the car. He open the door for me like a gentleman and I chipped a thank you where he just pass me a genuine smile. Then he come around and took the driver seat. Soon the engine roars to life and he drives smoothly on empty roads. I took a timid glance at him. Jelled hairs, pointed nose, sharp jawline, the calmness, control, authority, dominance, confidence and power that he have in his personality but here I am totally opposite of him. What he even saw in me when he choose me?

Suddenly he looked at me and our eyes met. The way he look at me and the way he touch me. His touch, his stare, it does something inside me. Like something in me is unfolding which I never know ever existed. The crave for a touch and that jittery feeling I got when he smirk at me. Is it lust?

"Its okay to lust over your husband. Right? Its not a crime." Said my subconscious mind.

I took a deep breath and look out of the window. My life is taking turns and twists since I have met him and suddenly they present this marriage proposal and I can't deny it even if I wanted too. My father is not going to listen to me. If I would have denied than he would not think twice to beat me into pulp and throwing me to the wolves to make me agree to this marriage. I don't even want to remember that "dad" of mine. He is gone from my life. I hope we never cross the roads ever again. Its like god has given me a second chance to live and I want to live it fully with my own small sweet family. Is it too much to ask? A happy small family.

But do he want the same? Or he have something else stored for me?

"Penny for your thoughts." I hear his deep and husky voice which bring me out of my thoughts. I glance at him and found him looking at me intensely. Only then I realise that the car isn't moving. We have stopped at a red light.

"Nothing, just thinking how fast all these things are turning and changing in our life. Don't you think?" I chipped seeking to get any response.

Hope you enjoy the chapter.