Forty - Eight: Thoughts on Rice Farms

Many thanks to Covers7 for making this incredible TRAILER for PFS. I love it so, so, so much! It's really epic.

Previously on PFS…

Rena returned from Liam’s house to be met by Holly and a stranger, who goes by the name of Echo. Nothing is really known about her other than Holly met her on her period of MIA-ness. Seeing that Rena was drowning in self-pity, Holly takes Rena to put a layer of fresh paint over the wall, part numeros uno of ridding of Rena’s fat suit. Uranus, who seemed to have a conversation that settled the tension between him and Holly, joined in on this adventure and told Rena that he liked her, sneaking in a kiss. And then Rena makes a Uranus joke because she’s cool like that.

Chapter Forty-Eight: Thoughts on Rice Farms

“Are you sure about this?” Holly asked for the hundredth time as we were nearing the school. “It could all be over right now. With one simple—”

“Yes,” I interrupted her tiredly. “I’m not ready to go without my suit. Now go away before any one sees you with me.”

Holly frowned at what I was saying and stayed where she was. “No, Rena. You’re trying to get rid of your fat suit right now. That means you have to start getting rid of your fake loner aspect as well and I’m helping you with that,” she said with determination strong in her voice.

“Holly, please. They’ll start talking about you too if you don’t.”

“Have you ever thought that maybe you don’t have enough faith in people?”

“Do I really have any reason to have faith in people?” I countered, thinking about the man who killed my mother.

For some reason, what I said seemed to hurt Holly. Her frown deepened and she was about to say something but stopped herself from doing so. Now looking fed up with me, Holly began to walk away from me.

“Holly,” I called her back.

“What now you want me to stay with you?” she asked bitterly.

I caught up with her. “Why are you mad at me?”

Holly gave me a look of disbelief. “Figure it out yourself. You seem to like that way of problem solving a lot more,” she snapped and nearly ran away from me.

I let her go because I honestly had go idea what I said to make her that upset.

I slowed my walk, gazing upon my uninviting school. Nothing much has changed since Holly came back to my house. Echo was still a tolerable pain to deal with, Kurt was still stuck in his nauseating giddy state, and Liam was still my constant source of sadness and never-ending guilt.

With my wall gone, the display of hatred towards me had somewhat simmered.

Suddenly a guy came out from nowhere and started running around me in circles, effectively stopping my walk to the school building.

“Whoa, guys, watch out Serena’s so big she has her own gravitational pull,” the guy said, laughing with his buddies.

I guess not all of it.

“I hope you know that that means you’re attracted to me, dumbass,” I retorted.

At that statement, the guy recoiled, registering my words. He made a grossed out face, which his friends laughed even harder at.

Tired of dealing with the asshole, I walked away from him, towards the school.

I regretted stepping into the school when I saw all the prom reminders that seemed to have taken over the walls of the school. They reminded me all too much about Liam because of our planned not-a-date-date.