21

The clock strike 7 . I giggled as I admired myself in the mirror. You are gorgeous , girlfriend. I said to myself. I air-kissed myself in the mirror and went down to the living room to see Elena with the Salvatore brothers. "You look beautiful Elena." I smiled. When I looked at Stefan and Damon, I uttered, "Both of you look very handsome. Handsome indeed."

Elena and Stefan replied with a simple, "Thank you." while Damon looked at me with his trademark smirk. "You looked great, Emma." Elena complimented me. Stefan nodded his head in agreement. I smiled and thanked her. "Emma, would you like to come with us to the ball?" Stefan asked. Elena looked at me with the encouraging look. Damon, being himself, wiggled his eyebrow at me. Was he flirting? Maybe he was.

"I would love to,"I answered them with a smile. Elena grinned and walked towards me, locking arms with mine and pulled me towards our ride. Damon sat beside me at the backseat.

The journey to the Mikaelson mansion was quiet. While I was in the ride, my mind wondered off to the afternoon I spend time with Elijah, looking for dresses. No wonder the girls in Hogwarts swooned over him. Never in my life ever thought it will ever happen.

When we arrived, the place was already filled with people. Humans to be exact. Everyone dressed up with elegance. Men looked so dashing with their suits on and women looked sophisticated. I left the three of them and went in. As I walked in, I felt eyes on me. Or maybe they were just looking behind me. I was being silly. There were so many beautiful ladies in there.

*Klaus
I watched Emma as she walked into my house with such beauty. Men were staring at her. She looked around, slightly uncomfortable. My date was here. I was about to get down the stairs to welcome her when my dear brother came in and walked towards her. Emma smiled when Elijah walked towards her. Does she have any feeling for my brother? "You look beautiful." Elijah said to her.

Emma blushed and smiled. "Thank you. You look dashing, Sir. Though you wear suits every day."She giggled and blushed. What was that? that was lame. Elijah chuckled. "So.. where is your brother? Don't tell me he is going to stand me up," She continued. Elijah just chuckled.

I dashed towards them and smirked. "No he won't," Emma looked at me, smiling. "You looked beautiful." Emma smiled while Elijah excused himself. She watched Elijah as he left and then turned her attention towards me.

"Thank you and I know. You actually look very handsome in a suit." Emma complimented me. Why did she said that? She hardly nice to me.

The music went on, and I took her hand and brought her to the dance floor and swayed with her, Emma smiled,"So how did you managed to get the gown so fast?" I asked Emma who looked at me with a smile. A genuine smile. I could see it.

Emma giggled and replied, "I had someone accompanied me. He help me picked this one since my girlfriends ditched me. He was such a gentleman," Who was it then? I watched as she twirled as I guided her.

"Who was he?" I asked as I pulled her close, chest to chest. Emma was taken aback with the sudden movement but she just let out a fake smile.

"Why would you care? I'm not your girlfriend," she looked away.

However, she did not replied to my question. "Who was he? tell me..." I asked one more time, nicely.

"Someone I like. I love his attitude, a very sweet and kind man,"

"Huh! Why would a man or in this case anyone would be nice to you?"

Emma sighed with a smile and finally answered me. "Oh I am nice! It's just you who are an arse," she paused, "Haish! It's your brother. Elijah. He volunteered." Emma rolled her eyes.

"Since when are you closed to my brother?" I asked.

"I don't know. it just happened." She muttered. Suddenly the music when down. Everyone on the dance floor stopped, Elena was beside Elijah while the Salvatore brothers stood by Caroline.

The waiters and waitress started to go around with drinks. Emma took one glass , give a little sniff and looked at it suspiciously. Mother started to say her speech while Emma just looked at her, unhappy after she smelled the drink. Everyone started to drink. I put my glass to my lips to drink but Emma stopped me, "Don't drink it." She had her hand on my wrist.

"And why not?" I asked, looking at her.

"Your drink has been tempered with. She is binding your life with your siblings. I could smell it. It's strong. Very strong. Why would a mother does that to her own children? Also I saw Elena went to talk to your mother." She explained, looking around. "Trust me. I am a witch. I know when bad things are coming. Just don't drink it."

"What... What if, lets say, my mother is going to kill me, Wouldn't you be happy, if I die?" I asked, my teeth clinched together, slightly unhappy now.

"I do hate you but I don't want to see you die. Why.. it's because if you die, Your bloodline will die along with you and my friends, the Salvatores, Caroline and Tyler will die. Also, I just feel you should not die like that." She muttered. She looked away from me and started looking around.

"Do you mean what you said? That you do hate me?" I asked. Frankly it was hard to even ask that. Emma looked at me.

"Yes. I do hate you," She looked down. "I have to go. I had a good time." She smiled and then she walked away. She passed by the Salvatore brothers. Damon caught her arm.

"Where are you going?" Damon asked, a little agitated.

"Home."

"Already?" he asked once more. Emma just nodded her head. Damon eyes sudden focused on mine. "Did he hurt you?" I flinched as I heard my name being said.

"No... Klaus has been nice today." Emma spoke.

"Hard to believe," Damon responded.

"Play nice. I am still alive aren't i?" She added.

"Fine. but I'm sending you home," Said Damon who took her hand in his and walked towards the door. Emma looked back at me, smiling. Right after , she turned away and allowed Damon to send her home.