Chapter 17

Erica

I told Ethan about my family, well broken family.I felt extremely light.It seemed that a huge weight had been lifted of my heart. He was very supportive and he held me the entire time I was sobbing and crying my heart out. He tried his best to lift my mood and I was very grateful for that. I was used to the hate from my dad's wife but however it always hurt while remembering that part of my life.

"Ethan, how do you know Caleb?" I asked out of curiosity. I had called him at night. He left sometime earlier.

"He is a family friend.We basically grew up together. " He answered.

"Oh. So you must be knowing Christine,right?" I asked  him. Christine is Caleb's sister. She is a year older than me. I haven't talked to her much. So I wanted to know more about her.

"Yes." He answered.

"How is she like? I mean is she like Caleb or mean like her mother?" I hoped she was like Caleb and Dad.

Caleb was more like my dad, our dad. I wonder how his sister would be like.

"I don't particularly like her. She's a spoilt brat. About her mother, well, I never found her mean or anything like that. But if you know them then I won't tell you anything. It's your perception. Let's not talk about them. Let's speak about us." He spoke.

He changed the subject before I could remark. It was better to let go because eventually it would ruin my mood and my swet moment with Ethan.

"What to speak about us?" I spoke shyly.

"Anything. Everything.Why don't you suggest something? " He spoke casually.

"I would, but For God's sake Ethan, we aren't in a meeting. We are a couple."

He chuckled. "So what do couples talk about?"

"Couples talk about romantic things. " I tried to explain him.

He laughed. At me. He laughed at me. How dare he?

"You know what. Bye." I spoke angrily.

"Wait! Wait! I am sorry. I was just teasing you.Okay so let's talk about romance. "He spoke the word romance with a teasing tone and started laughing again.

I hung up without saying anything. He later sent me text message apologizing several times. I didn't reply first but later forgave him when he sent me his cutest puppy face selfie.I couldn't help but smile at his photo.

I felt happy due to Ethan. He showed me how much he cared. He was so bothered with me not forgiving him. Day by day I felt something growing in me towards him. I didn't know what it was but I liked this feeling. I felt like I was the happiest girl alive. I wonder if Ethan felt it too or it was just the silly girl in me.

*******

It was Sunday morning, I woke up late. I prepared my breakfast and noticed that my stock of food was almost empty. I mentally noted to do some grocery shopping. As I finished my breakfast, my door bell rang. I opened the door , it was Alex. She came in and plopped on the couch. I offered her some of my chocolates which if I may add I share with no one. But today I was in a good mood so I shared them.

"Woah! Someone is happy today." She remarked.

"Nothing its.. Nothing. " I told her ducking my head down.

"What happened? You woke up just now? Are you alright? " The mother in her woke up.

"Nothing well I just couldn't sleep last night. I was talking to Ethan at late night. "I spoke casually.

"Wait, wait. Ethan was here last night? Did you two.....?OMG! So you did it last night." She spoke with excitement. I just rolled my eyes.

"Relax. He was here but he left in the evening. I was taking with him on the phone. And nothing happened last night." I told her.

"When are you planning on making it happen? And whenever it happens,I'll be the first person to know, right? " She spoke.

"It's not happening anytime soon. So take that thought away from your mind. By the way I wanted to speak to you about something else." 

"What?"

"I told Ethan about my family." I told her. Alex knew everything about me. So I decided to tell her about this too.

"And? "

"He understood and was very supportive. He said that dad is his family friend. He knows them since his childhood. Infact Caleb and him are good friends."

"I am speechless." She said with a shocked expression.

"Yeah me too." I don't know it was good thing or bad that Ethan knew Dad previously. Whatever it was I knew that it couldn't be changed now.

We spent the entire Sunday talking about our lives and then went to grocery shopping. It is always fun to go shop with Alex. She is such an outgoing person that she loves even grocery shopping. She kept talking to me the entire time about her life and about a new guy she just met and he is so amazing. However my mind was somewhere else. I couldn't stop thinking about Ethan. It was just yesterday that I spent my entire day with him and today I missed him. My eyes longed to see him. I wish..

"Are you even listening?" Alex's sudden voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes. Of course." I lied.

"Don't lie to me. " She spoke with her hand on her waist.

" Okay fine, I was thinking about something else." I confessed.

"Let me guess. Ehmm.. "She pretended to think,"Ethan".She spoke excitedly and I blushed.

" Aww... Your blushing. How cute! " He spoke pinching my cheeks as if they weren't already red.

"I just can't stop thinking about him. " I told her frankly.

"Maybe you're in love with him." She spoke casually as if it wasn't a big deal.

However I stopped in my tracks realizing the fact. Was I in love?

"OMG! You are, aren't you?" She spoke when she got no reply for her previous words.

"I don't know. I am just confused. How will I know if I am in love or not?"

"No one in the world can tell you that. Only you yourself can tell that. But I can help you. Tell me did you feel like this when you were with.. " I glared at her making her stop her words. She knew that I didn't like talking about that part of my life. It was something that I wanted to forget but couldn't forget. I justed hated that thing that I couldn't erase it from my memory.

"As I said only you can tell that, but if you are confused talk to Ethan about it." She spoke.

I immediately called Ethan. He answered on the second ring.

"Hey sweetheart." Came his happy voice.

"Hi"I replied shyly. Why am I shy? He is my boyfriend.

"Hi. " I spoke again with confidence.

"I called you to tell you that I miss you." I continued.

"I miss you too. Can we meet?" He suggested and I was more than happy to hear that.

"Of course. Meet me at our place in fifteen. " Our place was our usual coffee place. We went there a lot. So it became our place.

" Yeah I'll be there. Bye"

"Bye. "

----------------------*-*-*----------------------

Vote

Comment

& Share