Chapter Two

COCO

Anais' eyes grazed mine as she walked out of the cafeteria with Audrey and their other friends. She was wearing a casual pink dress and her hair was fixed in a ponytail, some stray hairs fell into her dark, sultry eyes as she moved forward. Her dark hair and eyes stood in contrast with her milky white skin.

"Hey." I said as they walked nearer to where I was.

"Coco, what are you doing here? Wala ka naman class ngayon baka nasa school ka?" Audrey asked when she saw me.

"May binigay lang akong project sa prof ko." I said, my eyes still fixed on Anais.

"Oh okay." Kibit-balikat ni Drey. "Buti naman you're taking your studies seriously na. Sumasakit na ulo sa'yo ni Daddy at ni Mama."

"Sineseryoso ko naman ang pag-aaral ko."

"Right. Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Where are you girls going?" I asked.

"We're all going to watch a movie together but I'm not going to invite you. Puro girls lang kami." Sabi ni Audrey.

"With Anais?"

"Oo. Why?"

"Well, Anais promised that she'd help me study for my exam." I said as I looked at her. Her eyes furrowing at me. "Didn't you, Anais?"

"Oh, please! Pwede naman mamaya na lang. We live just right next to Anais' house." Sabi ni Audrey.

"Tatamarin na ako mamaya. Anais promised." I looked at Anais giving her the puppy-dog eyes.

"Fine." She sighed. I smiled, I knew she wouldn't be able to say no to me. "Kayo na lang ang manood ng movie. I'll go with Coco."

"Are you sure?" Asked Audrey.

"She is." I answered for Anais. "Now get going."

"Anais." Audrey looked at her.

"It's okay. Next time na lang. Nakalimutang kong nag-promise ako kay Coco na sabay kaming magrereview." She said.

Audrey nodded her head and went along with their other friends.

She looked at me and frowned as soon as her friends left. "Thanks for ruining my plan with my friends. Ano ba kasing ginagawa mo dito?"

"Bakit? ayaw mo ba akong kasama?" I frowned, putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Hindi naman." She quietly answered. "Pero we already had plans na kasi."

"Mamaya manonood din tayong sine." I said.

"Are you really going to study with me?"

"Oo naman. Come on, let's go to the library so we can study together."

We were at the end of the the last book aisle, the furthest corner of the library. I watched Anais as she looked for a textbook for our History class. That was the only class that we had together. She tried to reach for the book on the top shelf. Her dress hitched, revealing her long, slender legs, as she tried so hard to reach for the book. She was so hot. I swallowed. Something inside the pit of my stomach clenched.

"Coco!" She turned her head to me.

"Yeah?"

"Tulungan mo nga akong abutin 'to. I can't reach it!" She whined.

I walked to where she was standing and without any effort, I reached over and grabbed the book.

"Give it to me." She demanded, my hand holding the book was still up.